2015 sti stereo install help

Hi just installed a new Stereo in my 2015 sti which has not been going well att keeps comming on and off got no serivce on Bluetooth will have to pull it back out and have a look does any one know how to hook it up so the message on the boost gauge screen saying check audio system does not cheap showing up too any suggestions would be good I some how all ways manage to make a simple job a mission :(

Well got up this morning disconnected all paired devices and apps loaded back up and to my surprise phone has connected and att is not turning on off on off all the time strange.just cant believe how much better it sounds then the rubbish Stereo that came in it.but it's not all good news as the mic is not working now i have my phone connected and also any one know how to keep the usb and aux in the center to it just seems to be one thing after another

sorry chum dont think I can help - have you said what Stereo unit it is you are installing that may prompt someone who has had a similar experience with the unit but may not have experience with your car model??

The Stereo I am trying to install is a pioneer sph-da110 appradio.I think a lot of it is the cars so new nothing fit right. The kit I got said up to 2014 only one I could get had to modify Fasica to fit which isn't perfect but will do wiring harness matches up ok

• 3 weeks later...

Right i have managed to fix all the issues I was having and got it all working now apart from boost screen but hopefully will have this sorted next few days once that cable and my camera shows up. So I will pull it back out for the last time and take pictures And do a wright up and list all parts and cables needed as some cables need are Toyota it might help sombody I also have found good place to hide the mic behind dash works a treat and the gps to

I think you're right about being that new your the 1st person I know to start modding one :D even with the other guys who own one on here I don't think they have done anything in terms of modding theirs yet. So to me you're like Neil Armstrong of the Subaru world at the minute :) 

• 8 months later...

If all cables are connected correctly I think I know what's you problem may be who ever installed it may not of disconnected your Battery try that by doing this it will reset the system so the car forgets and is not looking for the std Stereo codes which will throw up a audio waring disconnect and leave disconnected for 5 min then reconnect you will get a call from the Tracker people thou just tell them what your doing and will be reconnecting in 5min they be fine I done it about 4 times now for different thing they must love me lol

Hi.

I'm looking to fit a pioneer SPH-DA120 next month but I'm currently reading up to try and find out what wiring harnesses etc are required to get it to work on the STI

I would be really greatful if you could let me know what harnesses and adaptors you used to get it to work.

Is there just 1 wiring harness to connect between the new Stereo and the existing wiring and then another one for the steering wheel controls? and also does the boost gauge etc still work 100%??

I saw a video on youtube with a guy doing an install in a WRX and he never mentioned anything but on the video the needle of the boost gauge was stuck at zero constantly

any help would be great thanks.. Also been in touch with subaru and I have it in writing that changing of the head unit and speakers do not void any warranty as long as the original connectors are not damaged in any way so looking for as close to plug and play as possible

caraudiodirect you will be able to get all the cables you need I would give them call as thou as if I rember right the patch lead need was not listed you will CTSSU001.2 Connects 2 Stalk Adapter for Subaru Impreza think it list as 2008-2014 but it's fine there all the same from 2008 then you will need a patch lead for a pioneer radio what this set up will do is your Stereo harness (I used 2008 one) will plug into the stalk adaptor then the patch lead will plug also into the stalk adaptor the other end has a mini jack lead which then plugs into you pioneer Stereo allowing you to use the volume ect on the steering wheel (it's a main Stereo harness I used 2008to2014 stalk adaptor 2008to2014 and pioneer patch lead this is all plug and play no cutting required and this will have no affect on the boost control screen )

Think i've got all the wiring needed now.. Got the Toyota usb mod cable to retain my usb connection in the arm rest. also got a link to the connects 2 full wiring system for the 2015 STI.

One last thing... did you require a fascia for your double din unit in the STI I've noticed that connects 2 sell a complete kit with the full Stereo surround but it's just plain black and I would like to keep the carbon fibre look.

thanks  again

Ok cool did you get the patch lead with that for the pioneer as they are different for different makes i had to use cables listed above and 08 fasica kit with mine as there was nothing available at the time for this car but Yes you will require a surround fasica kit to be able to fit this unit if you would like to retain the look you only really have two options 1st would be to permanently fix the suround to car panel by bounding it and filling the panel then get it hydro dipped 2nd just get the new surround hydro dipped to match with out filling and making one piece

I have sacked my install off and installed a tablet in the dash works a treat as pioneer stopped undates for unit I was using so phone was no longer compatible

CarPlay is a great idea, I'm having my first proper day with it today and I'm about to go out to the car and mess around a bit more. But third party apps like spotify, audible, etc are crap. Very buggy at the moment. Sometimes tracks play, sometimes they don't. It's a problem with Apple or the third party company (spotify,etc). So far, I'm a little disappointed with CarPlay, as I wanted my spotify integrated into my car.

Cool yes 08 fits but you have to do a bit of modifying basically you will need to cut a bit away and use the factory metal brackets if you screw them to the pioneer you see were you need to cut very easy to do and yes fit in the gap in dash perfectly.

I was running appradio but all thou good same as the new Apple car play they have there down sides very limited on apps you can use also nav app would not let me change route or anything while moving unless you do the by pass for hand brake but if you do bear in mind that pioneer got wise to just earthing out the cable to hand brake it has to be earthed out after unit is on meaning you will have to Connect the hand brake earth wire to a relay so it earth a split second after the Stereo powers on if you are going to go this route let me know I have a wire diagram some were I dig it out

Tablet was a good way to go for me as no limits to what I can do with it i put a nexus 7 in the dash price is around the same 300 odd pound fits like a glove to no suround need

Cool yes 08 fits but you have to do a bit of modifying basically you will need to cut a bit away and use the factory metal brackets if you screw them to the pioneer you see were you need to cut very easy to do and yes fit in the gap in dash perfectly.

I was running appradio but all thou good same as the new Apple car play they have there down sides very limited on apps you can use also nav app would not let me change route or anything while moving unless you do the by pass for hand brake but if you do bear in mind that pioneer got wise to just earthing out the cable to hand brake it has to be earthed out after unit is on meaning you will have to Connect the hand brake earth wire to a relay so it earth a split second after the stereo powers on if you are going to go this route let me know I have a wire diagram some were I dig it out

Tablet was a good way to go for me as no limits to what I can do with it i put a nexus 7 in the dash price is around the same 300 odd pound fits like a glove to no suround need

so on the pioneers your handbrake has to be on before you can set up a new route on the sat nav? Mine wouldn't let me put an address in yesterday but I never knew about this and I was on the move

Yes the apps limit you when the hand brake is released due to pioneer in there wisdom feeling it's unsafe to do this on the move which is stupid can't route or avoid part of route ect to get around like I said you will need to connect the hand back wire to a relay let me know if you want the wiring diagram on how to do this

Yes the apps limit you when the hand brake is released due to pioneer in there wisdom feeling it's unsafe to do this on the move which is stupid can't route or avoid part of route ect to get around like I said you will need to connect the hand back wire to a relay let me know if you want the wiring diagram on how to do this let me know