P1 = how much is it worth?

bazTD04

• 4 weeks later...

My husband bought a P1 this afternoon. 9.5k from Brian Downie in Aberdeenshire. 88k on the clock (engine rebuild ealier in the year with 2k since then).  FSH, MOT and 3 month warranty and all that jazz. 

I'll stick with my Forester :)

post-3379-0-98632300-1419110199_thumb.jp

• Like 1

P1 with full service history and a rebuild. Maybe a little high but does depend who did the rebuild paul finch say to do a rebuild helps keep the price high and a remap. But wouldn't think be much less [emoji2] and look on the brightside one less Christmas present [emoji6]

Ah right interesting. You said wrapped...is It wrapped in plasti dip?

I originally asked as I saw a documentary at (in think) the start of the year with a scoob in very similar colours...I didn't think it was a standard colour so wondering if it was the car from the docu

No, that's not his one but a very similar colour. It's vinyl wrapped rather than plasti-dipped. It's quite a nice effect and I guess it might protect the original paintwork. It can be removed relatively easily too. We were told that it cost the previous owner £1800 to have it done  :blink:

Sorry no link as they are a very small outfit and don't advertise on a website as far as I know. Their website is www.bentensautocare.co.uk , I'm happy to get more details if anyone is interested, they setup not too long ago after the Subaru dealer in West Malling, Kent they worked for closed down.

Clive the mechanic is excellent and knows all the Subaru range backwards.

I took my STi there to be checked out after I bought it as I was concerned about the diff (correctly as it turned out).

• Like 1

Hi there

I have just joined this club tonight after reading this thread on the Forum and it got me thinking!

I wonder if anyone could give me an idea of how much my P1 Subaru is worth and also does anyone know approx how many Standard P1's are still around

• One owner only on a W 2000 plate
  • 7,500 miles
  • Always kept in a dry warm garage.
  • Sorn off road now for approx 6 years
  • Absolutely Mint and completely Standard.
  • P1 Original Floor mats never been used, I bought a Standard set and kept the P1 mats new!

I'm not looking to sell car - I'm just curious.    :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for reply

The mileage is correct 7,500 miles only ,Sorn off road but regularly started and driven on private road only.

Its totally original.

Do you know where I can find out how many original P1 are still around?

Is there a website you know of?

Wow!

Well I typed how many Subaru into Google and got this...

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/subaru_impreza_p1

Price is difficult as it's what someone is willing to pay. On occasion you see ultra low mileage cars for sale in a fancy showroom for lots of money but they do hang around for a long time and you never know how much they sell for in the end.

• Like 1

thank you for that link 

Hopefully it will be worth something one day, I will probably be taking it to the Classic Car Shows in a few years time.

You are right about prices, it does depend on the person and how much they are willing to pay.

thanks again