OBDII reader for iphone

Hi all

I want an OBD reader thats Bluetooth and connects to iphone

I have had a look at the other thread but there appears to be a big variance in what model to buy, ie wifi and Bluetooth.

there also seams to be a variance on which model does what- do some only to torque ?

I have an iphone 5s the info so far appears to be on andrioid

Once again sorry for the newbie questions

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

Ok so i ended up buying a Acer Windows Tablet that works

The only program i can find that works is a program called OBd dash pro:

http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-gb/app/2b401d24-a9f0-4833-9439-d4c510859abd?ocid=Apps_Search_WOL_en-gb_search-main_search-results-from_search-obd_text-link_obddash.pro

There are so many options i have no idea what i am doing, what are the main things i should be looking at using ?

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, bought a dongle just now but from a UK seller, for the price of a Beer it's nothing to really worry about but nice to know its easy to swop if it doesn't work etc.

I downloaded Dashcommand as Matt posted the pics above, it's free anyway but if there's a better app I can download that, no issues buying the app either

I'm afraid I can't help as not used dash command, although I know some of them do struggle to communicate with the dongles as they are only really cheap copies, but for a fiver it's worth a punt,

There may be settings in the dash command app to make it talk better to the dongle.