New Owner

NorfolkJim

Hi - Newbie here.

Just sold my 56 reg Saab 9-5 diesel estate and purchased a 57 plate 2.0i RE Auto Legacy Est with 126k on clock. Car has full history and looking forward to a smooth reliable ride! 

Cambelt just done and last service at dealers was in January.

Wish me luck - I know I'll be taking a hit in fuel but the Saab did on 42 mpg at best and if the Legacy does 30 ish I reckon it'll only cost me another £200 in fuel for the year but less on insurance and servicing.

Wotcha and welcome - we have a few members for your part of the world, feel free to get stuck in and if you have a camera handy dont be shy post some pics of your new purchase :)

Funny that because that's exactly what's being done at the moment. 

The car comes with 12 months warranty so I'll make sure 11 months everything is tip top. Having said that I'm not expecting any problems unless someone tells me otherwise lol

The car currently has I believe 162 bhp but from what I understand has 190 in Japan but de-tuned for European markets. I've spoken with a local company that I used to map out the DPF on my Saab and recently re-mapped my T5 camper and they reckon they should be able to do a custom re-map and take it back to at least 190 with more torque. It will cost me around £300 and they are excellent guys - they race F3 cars and do programming for various companies.

Just wondered if anyone else had their 2.0i legacy done??