Dirt Rally

[emoji33] Pre-ordering is like a cancer of gaming. Even more so when it's often a digital product which has zero chance of selling out.

It's the early access I want so while others are chomping at the bit for it to be released I will be tasting the action which is worth it and have an extra car in my arsenal which you won't get if not pre-ordered so win win win win win in my eyes.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Rps said:

Is there only me that cant last more than 5 seconds without a pile up

Rally games are way to hard

Plenty of practise and nobody yapping in your ear helps. Wifes/girlfriends etc. 

• Like 1

Thanks mate and you sure drive well with just a controller.

Definitely get a wheel/peddles as it just enhances the experience plus as you've said they have come down in price.

Will add you on psn and my username name is Big-Shirley45 lol

Don't ask about my user name as it's a long long story :-)

Anyone else want to add me on psn your more than welcome :-)

I don't do rally cross as it's never interested me plus I don't no any of the circuits so I would be woeful lmao

Is there only me that cant last more than 5 seconds without a pile up

Rally games are way to hard

Hey mate we were all the same and you will get there:-)

The most important thing on any rally game is listen to your co-driver and you will learn the stages.

I stuck with wales and those awesome forest stages which IMO are the hardest because of the undulating ground and light changes.

Also do not try to drive to fast like you would on a F1 game as I did the same and crash crash crash lol [emoji4]

Whatever floats your boat 😉

But you really are missing out on a great sim😊

Dirt4 will be a lot more playable with gamer mode plus rally cross trophy trucks and rally stages and I cannot wait for it 👍👌

It is a rather difficult game. Even more so when not using a wheel. I mainly to circuit racing so trying to rally is a massive change. If you circuit or street race don't try to apply the same logic to rally. I haven't played it all that much but should get back into it after my move.

• Like 1

It is a rather difficult game. Even more so when not using a wheel. I mainly to circuit racing so trying to rally is a massive change. If you circuit or street race don't try to apply the same logic to rally. I haven't played it all that much but should get back into it after my move.

I was shocked when I 1st got Dirt rally on how hard it was and that was with a wheel as I originally brought it for project cars which is another great great racing sim and roll on PC2 [emoji41]

It certainly is a head banger and it took me months and months to master the rally stages and the different array of fwd rwd awd cars and there characteristics.

I agree rally cross is a handful even on a wheel so can only imagine on a controller it's rock hard so good on u and anyone that hasn't got a wheel.

Hope you get back into dirt and you have dirt4 on order as I think it's going to be something special [emoji2] [emoji106]

• Like 2

currently enjoying dirt but I am a complete beginner - lots of crashing - think a wheel would help as all teh buttons are starting to confuse me and I end up crunching the gearbox instead of accelerating :ohmy: but awesome graphics and playability

• Like 1

currently enjoying dirt but I am a complete beginner - lots of crashing - think a wheel would help as all teh buttons are starting to confuse me and I end up crunching the gearbox instead of accelerating ohmy.png but awesome graphics and playability

Glad your enjoying Dirt Rally as it really is a great sim.

I've tried a controller and couldn't do anything but crash so I do share your frustration but keep plugging away 👍

If you do go for a wheel setup which I think is a must on these games the thrust master t300rs is a good wheel and well priced.

It only comes with gas/brake pedal but I left foot brake anyway so not a problem but u can upgrade to a 3 pedal at a later date.

Had a great few hrs of rally cross with nick (N1ckhe4d) and I was rubbish as I don't no the tracks and my car had no upgrades at all.

We had a guy from France join us and for some reason wanted to play destruction derby with him and as I was always last I could see the carnage which had me laughing my head off 😁

There were some nice choice words coming from nick which I won't repeat but I had a great night of rally cross.

I was slowly learning the tracks and believe it or not I'm hooked on rally cross as it really is great fun so thank you nick and we are going to be doing it all again tonight 👍

If anyone else on a ps4 wants to have a bit of fun and a chat let us no

• Like 1

@Garry46

Shweeet. Yeah had a good dooo. It was like agincourt on 4 wheels.  My girlfriend pointed out how noisy I was being. But I had had a skinfull. 

Yeah anyone who wants to have a bash at rallycross with us add me n1ckhe4d82. 

• Like 1