Turbo on Non-turbo 2.0 GX?

Hi guys, i am just recently getting into the world of subarus and am looking to make an investment into a stock Subaru Impreza 2.0 GX 2002 Non turbo and even though it may sound stupid, is it possible to add a turbo to this model without blowing the engine? Would i need to install extra addons? if so what would they be?

Thanks Very Much.

its mentioned loads, and im afraid you will always get the same answer, it can be done, but you have to change the engine, or at least lower the compression and fit parts off a turbo one, fit the ecu and loom, turbo, exhaust etc etc.

Save yourself alot of money and buy the real thing, you wont be disappointed and will save you the hassle of having something unreliable

• Like 2

Yeah by the sounds of it, it does seem like i would be better off to just buy the already turbo, i plan on learning as i go on with the car and i wouldnt want to over complicate things from the get go.

I hope that through learning and gradually upgrading i will eventually have a monster of a subaru, any suggestions as to what to upgrade straight away?

its mentioned loads, and im afraid you will always get the same answer, it can be done, but you have to change the engine, or at least lower the compression and fit parts off a turbo one, fit the ecu and loom, turbo, exhaust etc etc.

Save yourself alot of money and buy the real thing, you wont be disappointed and will save you the hassle of having something unreliable

if your getting a turbo one, exhaust full decat, air filter, either cone or panel, fuel pump,then remap, this will see about 270bhp depending on engine and turbo

Any brands you can recommened as being good for compatability with subarus?