Tidgy's project Type R

Tidgy

So issue was found, problem with mismatching ratios front to back, so diff swapped out and car ready to collect now its been mapped. Not managed to go pick it up yet but did get sent this :D

GT2871r%20Graph%20-%20Edit_zpswkyjemds.j

damit, missed 400 by 1.8bhp but feck me, 460ftlb hahaha

• Like 2

So issue was found, problem with mismatching ratios front to back, so diff swapped out and car ready to collect now its been mapped. Not managed to go pick it up yet but did get sent this :D

GT2871r%20Graph%20-%20Edit_zpswkyjemds.jpg

damit, missed 400 by 1.8bhp but feck me, 460ftlb hahaha

They're some nice curves ;) . What turbo & boost are you running ?

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

Similar to yours chap. Gt2871r billet. Not sure what boost it is. Boost/afraid graph wasn't in the car so I'll ask for a print out.

Fooking goes well I tell thee haha.

Boost/afraid 😂

Best typo ever, unless that's how your passengers are gonna feel ?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, kershaw-330s said:

Your running syvecs and oversized valves that could explain the huge torque interested to see what boost you're running, boost makes torque ;)

Could be the heads indeed, I'm not sure on the exact specs of the turbo in mine to see how it compares to yours, just didnt expect such a difference between the two.

5 minutes ago, stants said:

What's with the tennis ball ?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Latest design in in engine bay flux capacitor,,,,,,,, hahaha, nah just the alarm sounder, its yellowy/greeny plastic

Your running syvecs and oversized valves that could explain the huge torque interested to see what boost you're running, boost makes torque ;)

Could be the heads indeed, I'm not sure on the exact specs of the turbo in mine to see how it compares to yours, just didnt expect such a difference between the two.

When I had mine mapped I was restricted buy the intercooler to 1.5bar and he struggled to get consistent pulls out of it , because after 5k the stock intercooler was basically useless at that level of tune lol mj said once I get a bigger cooler take it back and he can put some more ignition into it and should easily see 400hp . I've now got the mishimoto tmic on their I want to get a few more things like a short ram and maybe a cat back , a 3 port boost control solenoid and uprated recirc.

Was hopping to go up in January , but just found out i need new brakes alround and a few bushes , prob be Feb by the time it gets done . should be a more fair comparison, as you have got a few more mods than me. That is big torque for 400hp tho in a light type r body too you need to think about some wider rubber ;)

• 1 year later...
9 hours ago, king_brilliant said:

great read this was..now i need to go to bed...

love grey Scoobies too..Great threar

Cheers, no longer have the car now sadly, clinic returned it to stock and resprayed it and its been sold on, good knews is i know who the owner is so know he'll take care of it 😄