2015 sti :wub:

you can upload pics to 'photobucket' or similar and then copy the link and paste it in the reply box

what mods have you got planned?

this is a link to a thread by scoobyclinic while they try different thing's for performance gains http://www.ukscoobies.com/t8560-2015-performance-pack-1-underway

Hi,

Sounds nice in white. I've got a new shape in black with a few minor mods so feel free to have a look at my pictures if you want ideas for aero kit, alloys etc. look forward to seeing pics of yours [emoji2]

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Russ Fellows exhaust and Andy Clark at ACSPEEDTECH do his magic with remap

Have you got any info or write ups about what gains you can get with these mods?

What stuff have they tried?

Have they used the car on a track?

Any graphs from the remap?

• 3 weeks later...

350bhp, good luck

the standard turbo is running nearly at max on the standard map at 290bhp. If one of the best mappers in the country (Pat Herborn) can't get those sort of figures, don't think anyone else can.

Have a look through the UKscoobies thread, you will get better gains with a sports cat as well. Should get 330ish

yeah, they are around the 300 mark. But there isn't much more to get out of the turbo.

The clinic did a custom remap and gained 12bhp, then a remap with cat back and made another 8bhp. They then tried it with a sports cat and added another 10. making it 330bhp

Mangoletsi subaru claim 350bhp from just a remap, but no graphs to prove.

on the blob sti, the engine components/turbo were over engineered, so a remap could take it from 265bhp to 340bhp, a massive increase. some people expect the new model to be just as tuneable, but I don't think it is

Rcm had one on a rr test, it consistently put out 10bhp more than the manufacturers claim, but they said there's no point pushing any more power as the cylinder walls are too thin, reckoned it was better to start with an ej20 or 22 if going for big power. If your serious could always look at getting the block pinned, it's a lot of money for little gain though

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Rcm had one on a rr test, it consistently put out 10bhp more than the manufacturers claim, but they said there's no point pushing any more power as the cylinder walls are too thin, reckoned it was better to start with an ej20 or 22 if going for big power. If your serious could always look at getting the block pinned, it's a lot of money for little gain though

Sounds like toting for business, drop in some rods, pistons, decent head studs and head gaskets and you'll be safe up to 450 on a standard 2.5 block. Clinic have done dozens if not hundreds of them, sc450 pack.

I've got a stage further and had the block closed deck converted hahaha

• Like 1

That's basically what they said if going for big power i presume they were talking time attack spec, better of starting with a closed block in the 1st place.

Is yours nearly built tidgy ?☺

waiting on the heads to come back, bottom end is built :D pics in my build thread ;)

Well had a big grin on my face all the way home from Warrington after the remap and new back boxes fitted. The car sounds like Subaru now, a real deep throat burble. It pulls like a train all through the gears.  The map is also rolling launch and flat floor gear change.

Andy maps on the road so no graphs available, but he assured me the engine will be making 340bhp and 360 torque.

Russ Fellows exhausts are a work of art and well worth the money.

• Like 1

Sounds good - looking forward to having mine done soon - the garage is currently working on a map for it after many customer requests apparently.

Glad to hear it makes a big difference.

I did fit a cold air induction kit to it last week and that has helped the low down power massively with less lag and a lovely sound from the stock BOV now.

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk