A novice question?!

staffordlad

Thanks guys.

The chassis number seems the best way to ensure I get a UK model. The rear wiper, is that on the saloon because I don't think I have ever seen one but then I suppose I haven't been looking!

Tidgy, the sti is an idea but I guess the insurance will be more, though they are a great car.

I just got to keep on looking ☺

Model codes are the best way to tell what the car is but the rear wash wipe is the easiest give away from a first glance .

Although I do prefer having a rear wash wipe on my jdm I don't think many people want the hassle of changing the rear screen and plumbing the electrics/water bottle in

not the best pic's to illustrate but

Jdm

2015-07-25%2016.33.05_zps8lakffql.png

UK

Photo0320.jpg

Na she's definitely a import cos it's my 94 v1sti in the top pic ,I just assumed it didn't have a rear 1/4 arail cos it was a early one(its my old v3 uk in the bottom pic)

I wasn't splitting hairs bud, as I know the jdm rear wiper conversion can be done on a uk.

Just that it's not a common mod due to the work involved just for a rear wash wipe

Na she's definitely a import cos it's my 94 v1sti in the top pic ,I just assumed it didn't have a rear 1/4 arail cos it was a early one(its my old v3 uk in the bottom pic)

I wasn't splitting hairs bud, as I know the jdm rear wiper conversion can be done on a uk.

Just that it's not a common mod due to the work involved just for a rear wash wipe

came in on the 95 onwards, so v2. 

always one who has to cause trouble and be different :p

lol

No probs tidge I'm always happy to be proved right [emoji4] as I guessed that my v1 didn't have a rear aerial cos it was a early one and I guess that means not all jdms have a rear aerial but they do all have rear wipers(apart from some ra 's) [emoji6]

I do love something different and I'm always keen to learn something new , have a read through my project thread and you'll all see that lol

Back to the op any luck finding a good one yet ? Feel free to post any links up if you're unsure about a particular scoob we'll always help out if we can fella

Cheers bulldog. The easy spots, like the rear wiper, can be a prod to dig a bit deeper with the chassis number.

Nice motor, I always like a silver car as I am not so keen on washing mine. However I have seen a pic of a Mica Red scooby and it look fantastic! I don't recall ever seeing one in the fresh.

No probs tidge I'm always happy to be proved right [emoji4] as I guessed that my v1 didn't have a rear aerial cos it was a early one and I guess that means not all jdms have a rear aerial but they do all have rear wipers(apart from some ra 's) [emoji6]

I do love something different and I'm always keen to learn something new , have a read through my project thread and you'll all see that lol

Back to the op any luck finding a good one yet ? Feel free to post any links up if you're unsure about a particular scoob we'll always help out if we can fella

haha :D

Type R and RA dont have the electric arial. Type R also lost two doors of course so easy to spot,,, hahahaha