Got my renewal from Hastings Direct

Rizmo

Having paid around £200 a year for my Kia Venga, I expected an increase for the XV, as had to pay an extra £60 when I bought it in May. Pleasantly surprised that they only wanted £330, but thought I would see what the meerkats offered. Cheapest was £195 (Halifax), but by the time some extras were added, to bring it up to my current insurer, it was not worth the bother of changing. Considering the huge sums I used to pay, using car for work, and commuting into London from Guildford, with just basic 1600cc repmobiles, I think this price is a bargain.

• Like 1

My missus actually got an ace quote for her Clio with Flux I was even surprised. Only issue we had was with the picture of the milage we sent it but for some reason they didn't get it but sorted now. I've not looked at the scoob but I've been with the nfu for 9 years so pretty hard to leave now :D  

My missus actually got an ace quote for her Clio with Flux I was even surprised. Only issue we had was with the picture of the milage we sent it but for some reason they didn't get it but sorted now. I've not looked at the scoob but I've been with the nfu for 9 years so pretty hard to leave now :D

Your also old so get it cheap.....

--

I make Films for businesses and people. I also make websites.

I had a quote from flux for my work van and car. Both were cheaper than renewals and took them both out. but when I got my car policy through my car was limited to 3k per year (I had done 5k in previous year). I phoned up within 7 days to check the details and it would cost me more than my current policy (Keith Micheals) in 'admin fees, extra mileage fees, etc'. I cancelled and got stung with the cancellation fee as well. 1 week insurance with flux cost me £130 :o

£130 for 1 WEEK :o I only use the car on a weekend and car is on drive during the week, so only about 20 miles of driving for £130. £6.50 PER MILE!!!! Adrian Flux? more like Adrian Fcuks You

I'm not sticking up for fluxes but when you started the policy did you say you did 5k miles. My missus tried fluxes and Michaels along with a few other's. Keith Michaels even said they couldn't match it. I'm sure with most insurance it's how lucky you get with the time of year or something. Not sure how it work's lol. I'm pretty sure one week's quote to the next would give me a diffrent price. As I said it was just the picture of the milage my missus has had a problem with. I have nothing against any insurance company other than 1st central. How that company is allowed to trade is a joke.

• 2 months later...

Hastings direct, crock of s**t, had my  insurance terminated today because I told them I was replacing the prodrive performance exhaust and replacing the upgraded prodrive rear arb?because the underwriter said that them parts weren't standard and shouldn't have been on the car in the first place??? they already had the make and model when they took my money!! bunch of a*** holes. not a happy bunny. 

• Like 1

Been with flux for 2 yrs with my highly modded sti they seem more suited to modded imports. As All my mods are declared/listed ( £6k+ plus total value on a 22yr old scoob ) and my 3rd yr renewal quote came through £19 cheaper than last year [emoji41]

So in preparation for the springtime mods I added the new brembos,bigger turbo , a 400hp remap and a £800 increase in value. ... ..

Which Cost a extra £ 18 (still £1 cheaper than last year) [emoji4]

• Like 1

Thought I'd try Adrian Flux again after setting up a call back for my wife and getting an automated message and then getting hung up on.

So I had one set up for today, guess what they did the same to me answered the call got an automated message then they hung up. Not sure I can be bothered to keep trying.

• 5 months later...

Ended up renewing with Hastings today but they would not issue a policy with the wheel spacers on the vehicle - wider tyres and wheels are fine but spacers no - I did get the impression this was a bit of 'computer says no'.

I did however speak with Adrian Flux and received very good customer service but whilst they would include the wheel spacers on the policy the additional drivers I needed pushed the policy up £150 over Hastings quote.

So now I need to shop for some alloys that will sit 20mm wider than the standard Scooby items :smile: