Strange Sound

ChrisD

Hello guys, 

I have recently had my gearbox rebuilt and a new pink clutch put in, all bedded in with no problems but...

I have been hearing some sounds I haven't experienced before.

when slowing down (engine breaking) my car (2003 impreza WRX Blob) makes a "fff  ffff ffff ffff ffff" sound, this stops if I apply any throttle. 

sounds like air or as if there is a cloth attached to the drive shaft spinning about. 

any ideas? 

Kind regards

Chris 

I shall do it when I can, seen (just now) some people recommend this. 

got some new tyres going on in a few days so will make sure i'm balanced, aligned and all that jazz when they go on too. 

• Like 1

majority of the cost for mine was in parts, had 3rd and 4th gear set replaced with some new bearings and syncromesh kit, the parts for that were like £600 !!! 

(luckily my warranty covered it)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Its not the tyres, oil is at right level. It's odd as it doesn't happen all the time. Happens more after a hard run or high motorway speed and the going back to a 30 limit and using engine breaking around low speeds

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Strange I've only ever used exeedy clutches and never had an issue. Not saying you're wrong by all means sharing is important. So I'm interested to see the feedback of the alternatives. Same thing happened with fuel pumps I rate RCM more than the other leading brands. :)

I heard about the dodgy batch of exedy clutches. That link I posted a few weeks back from Aztec, a local member bought an exedy from them but Aztec refused to send him a pink box because of the amount of returns they had for faulty pressure plates. They honoured the price and sent him a higher spec clutch kit.

• Like 1

They did same to me with a pink clutch. But I wasn't to happy as they tried to put me onto a higher priced clutch, which I would have bought if I wanted to pay more

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

• Like 1