Help Others and Review Your Car
    • Get Your Club Gear
      Get Your Club Gear
    • Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save
    • Huge Range Of Subaru Parts
      Huge Range Of Subaru Parts

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

BrandyXV

Tyres

32 posts in this topic

Just passed the 50K with about 3mm on each original Geo. Will change all 4 with new Geolanders, I was told by my dealer that using non-supported tires could cause damage to the 4x4 drive system and void warranty, so no risk there 

Also, I find them pretty good in all the rain we had the last few months (can't tell with snow, where did you find the snow Dogconker :-)?).

I would find that hard to believe to be honest

so long as all 4 tyres are the same make / pattern and with in the same tread depth

As dug says, it's irrelevant as to what brand tyre you put on as long as it's the same size as oem

Snow was a couple of years ago and the geolanders were fine in it.

Mother in law has had 3 XV's, she didn't like the Geolanders, she  had Pirelli's fitted to her 2nd one which she was happy with and got them fitted to the new (3rd) XV, personally I find the Geolanders a bit nervous and twitchy for my liking and when they wear out on our XV I will be replacing with Michelins

I have used Mytyres previously and found them very good but also use Asdatyre..... their prices are very competitive

Are these tyres you're fitting, michelins and Pirelli, are these also all season tyres or just road tyres.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone had any issues on the XV with the outside edges wearing quickly?

When we bought the car a year ago it was fitted with a new set of Event Potentum UHP 225/55 R17 V97

I had the tracking checked after about 6 months, with no noticeable changes required, but now ~14,000 miles later the outside edges have scrubbed really badly.

Just wondering if it is a common issue or not?