Tyres

BrandyXV

Just passed the 50K with about 3mm on each original Geo. Will change all 4 with new Geolanders, I was told by my dealer that using non-supported tires could cause damage to the 4x4 drive system and void warranty, so no risk there 

Also, I find them pretty good in all the rain we had the last few months (can't tell with snow, where did you find the snow Dogconker :-)?).

• 2 weeks later...

Mother in law has had 3 XV's, she didn't like the Geolanders, she  had Pirelli's fitted to her 2nd one which she was happy with and got them fitted to the new (3rd) XV, personally I find the Geolanders a bit nervous and twitchy for my liking and when they wear out on our XV I will be replacing with Michelins

I have used Mytyres previously and found them very good but also use Asdatyre..... their prices are very competitive

• 1 year later...

Has anyone had any issues on the XV with the outside edges wearing quickly?

When we bought the car a year ago it was fitted with a new set of Event Potentum UHP 225/55 R17 V97

I had the tracking checked after about 6 months, with no noticeable changes required, but now ~14,000 miles later the outside edges have scrubbed really badly.

Just wondering if it is a common issue or not?

• 4 weeks later...
On 13/07/2017 at 2:06 PM, Swayze88 said:

Has anyone had any issues on the XV with the outside edges wearing quickly?

When we bought the car a year ago it was fitted with a new set of Event Potentum UHP 225/55 R17 V97

I had the tracking checked after about 6 months, with no noticeable changes required, but now ~14,000 miles later the outside edges have scrubbed really badly.

Just wondering if it is a common issue or not?

Usually when the outside of a tyre wears more quickly it means they're under inflated. Either that or the tracking needs looking at.

either that or your just driving like a Hoon!!

• 1 month later...
On 08/08/2017 at 2:35 PM, Dogconker said:

Usually when the outside of a tyre wears more quickly it means they're under inflated. Either that or the tracking needs looking at.

either that or your just driving like a Hoon!!

Thanks Dogconker, yes the better half does like to drive it quite fast... and there are lots of twisties on her way to work. I've rotated them and got a digital pressure gauge with kpa setting so that I can keep an eye on the pressures. Winter wheels will no doubt be going on soon, or once the tred gets below 1.6mm so I'll get saving for a replacement set.

I know people are saying the geolanders are too expensive but personally I found them very good, I'm on my second set, they handle pretty good, fuel economy is good, road noise is not perhaps the best, but they were faultless in the snow and was a good amount of snow we had a couple of years ago. Tackled a steep hill with ease no one else but landrovers could get up, a Porsche Cayenne turbo who followed me up didn't make it.

i certainly wouldn't change the make of the tyre im using to save £3 a corner. I mean fair enough if you're saving £15-20 a corner. But I only paid £440 for a full set last time around, and that included fitting and valves and they were at the tyre centre the next day.