hello im back broke my 2nd 5 speed box

Nevell

hi all im back!!! been out the game abit i was buying a block to start building a engine but i ended up buying a transit van for work lol lol , well i have broke my second 5 speed gearbox today i broke 4th gear somehow so as im eventually gonna be building a engine to go 400plus so im taking the plunge and im gonna be getting a non dccd  6speed box but im abit unsure in exactly what i need as im reading alot of different things etc mainly on the rear diff and shafts etc ,,,,, merry christmas everyone    anyone got any reliable info ,,,,

Good to see you back but bad news with the gearbox bud

Google your ty ##### number off the white sticker on the bell housing to find out your ratio .

And find out what "R" number your current diff is (either a R160 or R180 ) .

If your lucky enough to find a 6 speed with the same ratio and diff type you'd only need ....

6 sp Gearbox

6sp Cradle /mounts

6 sp Gearknob/linkage

And 6 sp prop .

As the newage 5 speed box's

Clutch , slave,starter,fly, shafts,speed sensor ,front shafts are all compatable with 6 speed box . So if the ratio and diff type are the same you can leave everything original from the prop back and the flywheel forward on the car

If you can't find the right 6 speed you'll need the all above plus it's matching diff ,shafts and rear hubs (possibly brakes and discs as well)

• Like 2

cheers guys been well busy everything to do with the scoob has been on the back burner :(  :(   , i knew  savage would know  :D

so i will  be spending alot next year 6speed engine rebuild starting to suffer with bad piston slap  , im gonna be rebuilding the engine in the car now not getting a new block . so she will be off the road maybe for the year while i do everything 

good news is ive already bought some brembos lol but thats about it so far  :(

need to find out what the best flowing non avc heads are aswell im sure i read sti version 6 ????

oh i will be updating my buid thread when i start getting bits in  B)  B)

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's a uk ratio mate it's a ty856wn3ca out of a uk 2003 pro drive Sti   😄  Not driven  her yet waiting for a new inner cv boot I split and some poly arb bushes but can't wait to see how she fills 

Think that's the last year they used the male driveshafts on the front ,so they're might be other differences .

mine was out of a 04 uk sti with the Prodrive performance package (the Ppp is a bonus as you get a short shift gear linkage)

I've found 1 st and 3rd seem to be shorter than my old UK turbos 5 speed set up but I've dropped about 500 rpm @ 70 mph in 6 th [emoji41]

If it's not broke .....upgrade it 😊