Japfest Silverstone 24th April 2016

Gambit

Leave it at the stand. I dumped loads of gear out at Santa pod. Does sound a bit of effort after enjoying a night having to beat the queue to the track. Also means more traffic for those that didn't camp heading up Sunday morning.

• Like 1

I would have mate but forgot to book in time I tried to ring them 2 days after to see if I could sneak on but they wouldn't let me so off to modified live now.. sigh but sure some one will say hi or pop over and do the same boots is a great guy can normally find him sat on the club stand in his legacy 😊

I wont be there sorry to say fellas. Mrs broke her foot badly so needing my care :) Was trying to get someone to come and sit with her to help but no one free to I have to stay home. Shame, as my next post on this sight is about me selling my Forester. Need a bigger boot and looking for an estate legacy I have seen. Hope you all have a lovely time.

It was a good day. Had a nice walk about and managed to spend no money at the traders. Managed to get on track for a bit. Got red flagged straight away as soon as the pace car pulled in first time but they kindly sent us round again. I got 4-5 laps in before another red flag. Again, they allowed us to go back out but I'd had my fun. The car didn't like long right handers. I'll make a separate topic about that to try and work out why.

• Like 1

Yes got to admit it was a great day and a good venue, a bit on the chilly side. I too managed to keep my cash in my pocket (for a change)   A great variety of cars on the stand which was good,  and a big shout out for the parking attendant (boots) great job fella. Hope everyone got back home safe till next time.     Cheers .

• Like 3

Had a great day. Unfortunately only managed to get 3 laps in on the track because a 350z binned it on the pit straight so got red flagged. But the car felt amazing just a shame I didn't get more time. Oh well there's always next time.

• Like 1

Did anyone speak with the owner of that light blue Forester cross-sports? - or are they even a member on here? - was it an auto and had they bought it in the last 6 months?

I was looking at this on autotrader at the time with envy if it's the same one

1 minute ago, Stotty said:

The forrester is my dad's :) Yeah it's an auto box with tiptronic manual, he's not had it long, was bought in the last 6 months.

Great stuff - how does he find it, power-wise etc? - I lusted after it for weeks online. Still only ever seen one for sale in Japan in that colour - looks awesome

Well now he's got some decent power he's pining for a proper manual 6 speed like an sti lol...it's not slow by any means,  yeah it looks lovely, roughly same colour as a wr1 impreza, iv never seen one the same!

There is still part of me that wonders if the cross-sports might be the car for me - all comes down to how it feels power-wise compared to an STi.

I do love the Subaru auto boxes (as does the mrs) so it clearly has that advantage, while still looking STi-esque - will it satisfy my lingering turbo-desire though?

Need to see and drive one really, but that's probably going to mean quite a travel unless the Middlesbrough place gets a facelifted cross-sports auto in again

Why don't you send some imported emails of the spec your after David, most will source what you want, torque gt or new era imports will but they cost a little more

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I think when I'm in a position to act rather than just lust after, I will do that mate - probably after seeing what is already in the country and for sale at the time.

If the 2.0l cross sports turbo is indeed 250bhp as I've seen claimed / mentioned elsewhere, I'm pretty sure that would be enough - it would still have mapping potential too I assume