Interior lights, SG 2005.

theador

Quick question: on my 2005 2.5XT the only interior light that works when unlocking/opening doors etc. is the one above the rear seat. Is this right? It's very dark in the front. I would have thought the two front ones would be activated off the alarm/doors too?

Ye factory alarm. They work fine if you manually turn them on, just not off the alarm or doors. Only the rear interior light works off the alarm/doors. There only seems to be off/on position on the two front interior lights.

To be honest I've not actually checked mine( goes off to check now) if they come on or not, and the oem factory bulb is **** poor I stuck a LED jobby off the bay into all the interior lights makes so much of an improvment, it was an odd size though in the centre

The boot light was a capless 501 LED the map lights are a pair of standard size festoon led's the only one that was odd was the main interior, it's either shorter or slightly longer (can't remember) than you can buy in the shops,I measured and searched online

In all I think all bulbs cost a little under a tenner and made a massive improvment .

Got fed up of falling out of the arm chairs under spirited driving a pair came up cheap off a member so would have been rude not to [emoji16]