Performance air filter

I have a K&N to be fair but I like to live dangerously ;) 7 years never had a problem but it is a K&N apollo induction kit was fitted when had engine rebuild done at Scoobyworld , but I knew the risk when having it done and it was going to be just a track toy for about 3 years before I changed my mind. :laugh:

40 minutes ago, Sandals said:

Oh of course you would live dangerously!! :P

I think since the dry types are the same price, not really worth the risk for no gains :D

I do have a full pipe running from my bumper so it's not just for show. But I agree doesn't make much BHP but the sound is nice :cool: I think with the more expensive typed oil filters being better quality makes a difference. The ironic thing here though is I had a massive argument on facebook about this and I was saying you shouldn't use them yet have one myself haha :laugh:

• Like 2

I had a k&n appolo on a few cars in the past no problems. 

But run a cosworth drop in filter in the scooby most tuners seam to say the stock air box is very good and not worth messing with unless you need the room or want more induction noise. 

I am tempted by a misimoto cold air intake but the scooby one is so good I haven't bothered yet. 

Do as you please I've never told anyone what they should do or not do with the car, I've had mine on for 7 years yet still tell people to use a panel filter :blink: The blobeye has a pipercross panel non oiled filter on and runs fine too for the past 5 years. 

And yes the stock one should be good to around 400bhp with good filter.   

• Like 2