Rough idle

lev1982

Hi guys

My 1996 classic is having idle issues.

I started car 2 weeks ago and it was fine. However the car was pretty much frozen at the time.

Since then the temp outdoors has risen and it will start and idle fine for a few minutes then it starts hunting.

It's currently sorn so not sure how it drives with this issue.

It has an aftermarket induction kit on it that I am removing and replacing with the standard box.

I have ordered a new maf. When I disconnect the current maf the car cuts out completely.

Cheers guys

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Have you had the cel on or code checked it to see if there is anything new?

As soon as it starts rough idle the cel comes on. But I can't find the cables under dash.

Have a good old root around under there. Sometimes over the years they get tucked up quite high.

• Like 1

Will do in morning. Removing the induction kit replacing it with a standard air box and replacing maf.

The exhaust does have a couple of small leaks near the back box. I read somewhere this can be a problem.

My friend is going to loan me his icv to try if the maf don't work.

Thanks mate

If it's flashed the eml up it should have a code stored ,so +1 for a code check and ecu reset .

As it might be a cheap fix and could just be moisture/condensation on something electrical from being sat a while , old fuel or something that will go away once the standard air box is in place and the ecu has reset and relearn't the standard air intake

If it's not broke .....upgrade it 😊

• Like 1

I'm waiting for car to be brought to my house. It went to a mates I was gonna store it and work on it in the summer. But I can't wait lol. I searched the site and came up with nothing. Thanks for the link lol. I have just bought a used unit off eBay. Only cost me £17. I want it so I can butcher it and see how it works before I tackle my own. It's the engineer in me lol. I have a feeling that fuel is going to be part of the problem the needle was as low as it could be when I bought it. I have stuck £10 of 99 in it and will flush the system.