No Man's Sky

I heard about this game ages ago but never really looked into it, I'm bored at work (hence so much activity on here :D) and decided to read up on it... and well, it looks incredible!

Coming to PC and PS4 in June

Seems like the hype has kicked off again because the pre-order price has been announced. Seen it a while back too. Does look amazing but little is known about actual gameplay. Would like to know more about a story or game structure. Gonna be grabbing it either way.

From what I've read, there really isn't much of a story but a lot of lore is hidden in the game, like Dark Souls... so you can find all the lore and piece it all together, or ignore it completely!

Looks like a lot of exploring, gathering resources, upgrading your ship, building bases, dealing with pirates, becoming a pirate yourself!!

Getting quite excited, gonna pre-order it on steam!!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Interestingly I missed all the lies and hype game devs said before release. I was hooked purely on space exploration. Only after game came out and I had several hours of playing, I decided to check what is all this noise about. The things which disappointed me with the game was ancient OpenGL coding and performance, no realistic solar systems. No ability to fly outside of solar system and observe it from distance. No ability to reach the sun. When flying out of the galaxy boundaries, space is too dusty to observe the galaxy from further out. Altogether space is too busy in this game. 

Either way, after I got my exo suit upgraded to max and found the max slot ship I'm on my way to centre of the galaxy. Taking it slow though, in hopes that they will add some features which they were promising :D

2 minutes ago, Sandals said:

I've already had it refunded.. i played it for 4 hours so gave it a good chance... But yeh, utter tosh

I can understand it, since you probably saw all the hype and lies they kept saying. I missed all that, so my expectations were extremely low, so no anger from me towards them ;)

I didn't really take much in from what was said about the game just the Videos. But for me the planets don't really feel alive like I was expecting can be on a planet for over an hour and find one life form. Not much to interact with either. I've still got it but not played it in about 3 weeks. 

9 minutes ago, Gambit said:

I didn't really take much in from what was said about the game just the Videos. But for me the planets don't really feel alive like I was expecting can be on a planet for over an hour and find one life form. Not much to interact with either. I've still got it but not played it in about 3 weeks. 

The thing with planets is their diversity. I have been to a lot of them, and believe me only select few had no fauna or had small amount. The rest of them we full of things which would attack me or be friendly. Fun part was to find some weird animals. There was a lot of times when I would just laugh out loudly when seeing some of the species :D

I only fast traveled 3 times so barely played it to be fair I just lost the interest shortly after that. I only came across one species that I was impressed with took a screenshot lol  and didn't really come across anything else after. I will still play it but I've got other games now that I play over that. but think for me it will be just a chill out game when I can't be bothered to do anything else.  

17 minutes ago, Scoobyghost said:

Pre-owned copies were up for sale at £18 the other day 😱

when it drops to £10 i may buy it, but all these survival type games tend to be same old same old. you get so far then run out of things to do other than what you did before.

• Like 1