Hard Wire connection.

tezmil1

Hi, I was thinking about getting a dash cam and hardwiring it to car, I was thinking of getting a fitting kit from Amazon and apparently you route the cable and take out a fuse then plug this in and put fuse into it basically piggybacking, Just wondered if anyone has used this method for any accessories and if all was ok, thanks  Terry

I've used this method about a week or so ago for a dash cam and bought the cable from Halfords to power from fuse box. Worked a dream and had no issues whatsoever. Looks a much neater installation and works well when I turn ignition on and starts recording automatically :-)

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies, I am going to do this as I hate Wires all over the place. I think my fuse box has the smaller fuses do these connect kits from halyards still fit these please? Thanks, Terry.

Hi we fit dashcams to the lorries at work all the time if you can find an ignition live just take the feed from there and put the earth to where all the earth cables attach to the body, normally around the fusebox area, then you just have an inline fuse on the live side saves pulling other fuses out then having to put them back in again, then as soon as the ignition is on the camera starts rolling hope this helps :rolleyes:

Well I bought the nextbase 312gw camera with hardwire fusebox fitting kit from Halfords. Fitting was a little fiddly but not difficult, however now its fitted I am getting interference on my radio from it. There was a ferrite core in the box that is supposed to stop this and I have put it on the wire but there is still some interference but not as much. Just wondered if anyone knows how to overcome this please, assuming you have had this problem that is, Thanks very much, Terry