Strange boosting hold back

Scoobyghost

Right, bit of a strange one to me. Had a blast round silverstone at japfest and noticed an issue with boost.

Going to add a picture of the track to help explain

de98d1fd8a9d5fa0a83ef155a5e79901.jpg

My issue seemed to occur in 3rd gear on the exit of Beckett's and 4th gear coming out of woodcote.

I had a couple of leisurely laps to get me warmed up and used to the track, the car was already up to temperature but wanted to let the tmic cool a bit. Once I was happy I went for a good fly about while grinning like a Cheshire cat. Unfortunately my fun was spoiled when the car didn't feel like it wanted to boost when applying the gas on the exits. It would get to about 0.6bar and felt like it was holding back. I'd have to let off the gas get straight and then gun it again. No issues when straight. Full throttle and full boost all the way. Once it hit that low boost it didn't matter if I applied more throttle or not it would just hold back until I let off and got flat.

Don't feel like I've explained that to well but any help will be appreciated.

Few bits of extra info:

It had just over half a tank of fuel. It wasn't boost cut it would just seem to hold revs/boost until I let off and got flat. No CEL came up during or after it happening. Air filter and plugs were replaced within 500 miles of trackday. No detrimental signs since. I've pushed it on way home from silverstone and it done everything it should.

Good luck!

I remember someone saying that the tmic is not the best on tracks as when the car is going fast, a lot of the air goes over the scoop completely. Maybe it was a bit too hot in the corners but ok once you got on a straight? I'm just guessing here... :D

Called rcm about baffle plates and catch cans, when I told them why they also agreed that some oil most have got up in the boost system. Advised me to bin the silicon boost pipe and use some reinforced rubber pipe like fuel line. Apparently it doesn't let the oil sit so well. I'll be stripping the boost pipe system and giving it all a good clean.

I had a chat with savage and he explained to me on the long corners it may have taken a bit of oil into the tmic. Looking at baffle plate now.

Cos the oil pick up is on the passenger side .

left hand corners can cause oil starvation (not enough oil in that side of the sump)

Right hand corners can cause oil surge (oil is forced into the pick up as it sloshes to that side of the sump )

Did you find excessive oil in the tmic ghost ?

If it's not broke .....upgrade it 😊

I haven't taken anything of yet. I'm away from 6am-7:30pm weekdays.

As far as spending my money...gearbox first. Then we will see how much more I can get away with. Would be nice to have baffle plate and pick up. I'll try to cans first. See if that helps.