Recirculating dump valve

scoobygirl

Hey lovelies,

I have a question that I'm sure you can help me with. I currently have an aftermarket dump valve on my scooby and thinking if changing it back to a recirculating one. What are the pros and cons to this and is it worth doing. Here's a pic of what is on there now. Thank you for any help xx

DSC_0084.JPG

Recirc pros: tends to run better unless mapped. Silent (if you like that kind of thing)

Vta pros and cons: makes noise but can cause running issues

Sent from the moon using telepathy

I have a GFB as above and run it mainly on recirc, but great to have turned on when you want a good drive. I did spend some time setting up the spring on it (see GFB videos) and haven't had a problem whether on recirc or VTA.

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the help, I'm still undecided. I like the noise mine makes but have had some blank spots in the turbo and wondered if changing the dump valve back would fix it. I also don't know if it was remapped when it was changed over in the first place. Worried I may cause more problems changing it back. I'm having a do I or don't I moment. x

• Like 1

i replaced my GFB back to the oem valve from a sti as coming from a hatchback that was quiet,the stupid noise from the dump valve was doing my head in,ok if your 20 but now am old i like a quiet life lol and the car seams to run better as well now.

I thought my car was broke until i changed the dump valve for the recirc valve so much lag was terrible. Recirc is better.

I knows its a topic debated a lot and often people say there is no difference in my experience though ive always found the recirc better, obviously you lose the noise.

• 4 weeks later...

Just as a small update, I've noticed the GFB valve is rubbing on the underside of the bonnet, and seen as a I don't run it much on VTA I've removed it and returned to standard recirc.

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Kept my oem dump valve on my 2003 wrx mapped at 280. I'm not bothered for the noise of a vta and I tend to think that if the genuine dv wasn't up to the job, subaru wouldn't have fitted it in the first place. Like has already been mentioned, I have heard that changing to vta valves can cause all sorts of running issues. Only my opinion though and there are lots of scooby owners that would argue a case for changing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

After spending some time adjusting the spring correctly I didn't have any sign of a problem on a 2014 (new design) STi, with a slight improvement in gear change..... Say that.... :-)...... And this might just be me, it does seem a little smoother with the OEM back on ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm going back to the oem once I can be bothered to change it back lol. But I do like a bit of noise when changing gear but I don't really hear it with the nurspec exhurst on. 

• Like 1