Non starter

Recently changed oil pump on ej20 engine, timed her up and now won't start, she turns over but just won't fire, but fed up as I don't really know what I'm doing and can only get help when people have spare time... Any ideas

Did you disconnect any of the wiring ? There's a crank sensor on top of the block underneath the alternator if that's unplugged it won't fire

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Definitely check the crank and cam sensors are plugged back in , cos (as stants said ) it won't fire and will just turn over if they're not connected.

Crank sensor is in the top of the oil pump ,above the crank pulley under the alternator. Cam sensor is on the passenger side top just behind the back of the timing belt cover .

If theyre both ok remove the timing belt covers and check the timing marks .As To fit the oil pump you'd have to remove the timing belt .

74bdfe2674a168e469dbf4fdb40bed43.jpg

If it's not broke .....upgrade it 😊

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dark snarf said:

I will check again 👍👍

as for multimeter I will have to source one 

thank you 

excellent, id say we start off by checking the voltage on your Battery and then work our way forward from there

Battery is brand new, but I get a meter thing tomorrow 👍 cheers

Haha I had a brand new Battery because I thought my other one was shot, it was just the alternator :D

When you turn the key, before trying to crank it, do ALL the lights on the dash light up? Can you hear a little thirsty fuel pump sucking your fuel like "slurrreeph"😂

What helped my car start was some fuel? I know it sounds really stupid but are you sure you have enough fuel?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk