Coolant?

2 minutes ago, stants said:

Pretty much, and flush out your existing coolant well, the two types don't mix go all jelly like emoji15.png

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yeh I'm going to buy enough distilled water to do a complete flush twice... would much rather do it properly the first time and not waste money on extra coolant!

• Like 1

On 6/21/2016 at 4:46 PM, Sandals said:

So it seems as long as i get one that is NAP free and is OAT... i'm golden!

The difference between cheap OAT and expensive is that 1 last for 1-2 years and the other one over 5 years -) But mind you I had to put a cheap OAT in and my sensors were going bananas, showing cold engine while blowing hot air and loads of things can happen, not 100% that is was down to the antifreeze of course, but I'm about to replace my sensors now just in case, even though after flashing with Toyota one everything is much better now.

I think for turbo charged cars NOT every antifreeze will be suitable (at least in a long run), as some will sustain hotter temperatures better and you need that, as coolant cools down the turbo as well and that is ouch, extremely hot.

• Like 1