How Low 2 Go

Robbo_G-1981

I have a little question that I'm sure I will get the answer to. 

I'm thinking about coilovers as I have found that my rear shock has started to leak so time to upgrade. How low shall I go but still be able to keep as a daily driver?

I have been on YouTube and different forums but not come to a definitive answer. 

Hope to hear some good advice and thanks in advance.  

I have a little question that I'm sure I will get the answer to. 

I'm thinking about coilovers as I have found that my rear shock has started to leak so time to upgrade. How low shall I go but still be able to keep as a daily driver?

I have been on YouTube and different forums but not come to a definitive answer. 

Hope to hear some good advice and thanks in advance.  

How ever low you want man. But usually drop it 1-2 inches (25.4mm-50.8mm) below stock height to let people know you got coilovers but around 3-3.5 (76.2mm-88.9mm) to know you low.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530A using Tapatalk

Mine is set about 20 mm lower than the standard classic sti (45mm drop on a wrx or uk ) on meister r zeta-r coilovers . Even with a front splitter i haven't had any clearance issues on the road but they were too harsh with the dampening set at 16/ 32 . So it's currently set at 10/32 and it's a much more comfortable ride than a friends bug sti with tein lowering springs .

If it's not broke .....upgrade it 😊

3 hours ago, savage bulldogs said:

Mine is set about 20 mm lower than the standard classic sti (45mm drop on a wrx or uk ) on meister r zeta-r coilovers . Even with a front splitter i haven't had any clearance issues on the road but they were too harsh with the dampening set at 16/ 32 . So it's currently set at 10/32 and it's a much more comfortable ride than a friends bug sti with tein lowering springs .

If it's not broke .....upgrade it 😊

Ha yes great quote 👏🏻