Newage TD04 on v4 classic

kayzarh

Hey,

As the title says, would a front entry td04 from a newage drop into a v4 classic without a retune?

(I'm also looking to buy a td04 if anyone has a spare one)

(My bday on 2nd of August and I want my car running pish posh by then)

Thanks for reading!

Sent from my m8 using Tapatalk

Should have an 04 on yours as standard ?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yup my td04 screwed up and water started leaking down the core and out through the side of the uppipe gasket (somehow)

As long as its a front entry tdo4 it will fit fine fella 👍

I'd certainly double check that the coolant is passing through the core . I've never heard of a turbo failure that involved coolant leaking before but that doesn't mean it's not possible.

Just that it's more likely to be leaking from somewhere else (ie coolant flow and return ) and running down the up pipe rather than leaking from it .

If it's not broke .....upgrade it 😊

• Like 1

As long as its a front entry tdo4 it will fit fine fella 👍

I'd certainly double check that the coolant is passing through the core . I've never heard of a turbo failure that involved coolant leaking before but that doesn't mean it's not possible.

Just that it's more likely to be leaking from somewhere else (ie coolant flow and return ) and running down the up pipe rather than leaking from it .

I'm baffled as to where it could be leaking from :/ there is literally water dripping and steam leaking out the union between the uppipe and bottom of turbo as if the gasket has magically been cracked .

Could it be that (I didn't check the turbo was torqued down, as it was already on the car)

Because I went for a long drive the heat caused the metal to expand and when it cooled the pressure was not tight enough for the gasket to do its job I.e leak

The gasket between the up pipe and turbo should only have exhaust gas passing through it .

Follow the coolant pipe that goes from the coolant header tank to the turbo core and from core back to engine . I'd imagine that it would be more likely to be leaking from the core coolant hard pipe . Then running down the outside of the core and hitting the up pipe to turbo flange.

Well most definantly do that! Savs I been a naughty boy and I brought this d0e12e3e4ca87723423942bfbb11a1c0.jpg

Because I have currently on the car the Chinese manifolds.

I read good things about these headers and the welds on them look amazing, apparently worth £1000+ new and proper JDM 😎

(I'm slowly getting ready for that 350 bhp upgrade 😇)

I know they are equal length but they have that wrc wail which I need in my life + the built in upipe is real convenient.

I'm a 20 year old I do stupid things for stupid reasons 😎

Cheap headers are a sure way to loose power , some have been known to restrict the revs to 5.5k .

I think you can get slightly higher hp in the top of the Rev range with equal length Headers but I love the scooby burble too much to fit them to mine .

Get some heat wrap around them while there off and they'll have to be "mapped in " shortly after they're fitted too [emoji6]

Going to be working on it bit by bit, like I said, I won't even drive the car if it runs slightly bad!

Apparently these headers still give a slight burble :)

I miss my scoob :( I don't wanna drive this lame auto Mercedes makes me feel like a 60 year old grandad!!!