Racedynamix

Shocking aftercare for me with this guy as things stand, got my car mapped as having issues with little timing being pulled at low revs/load, came away with a car that goes like a rocket but was pulling timing at high load/revs, dropping IAM, going into limp mode and generally running like sh-it, I now have avcs/vvt issues and have had to disconnect the avcs solenoids to drive the poxy car any sense as its my daily driver, I've wasted loads of fuel and time logging the car trying to see what's wrong,  I replaced one solenoid and it is a lot better, replaced the other as well and it got worse again, have had bugger all help really from him, doesn't even reply to my texts any more, I've not got aggressive or kicked off , I've just asked questions politely, so it's not because of that, I'm at my wits end with the car and £430 lighter in the pocket, I haven't got another load of money to take it somewhere else, so looks very much like I'm going to have to sell it cheap as it is as I am sick of looking at it, overall my experience has been stressful and it's made me f&@king angry, I would not recommend this guy to anyone at this moment,  I understand that things go wrong, I've done stuff myself that has, but it's when it goes wrong that you see the true mark of who your dealing with

fuming !

It's a proppa pain when something goes wrong when a cars being mapped. Both the mapper and the customer end up without the results they were after .

I had a similar issue when i had my first classic mapped , he did come back and tweek it for free but it was running rich for a long time afterwards .

Even jgm had issues with mapping the same ecu with a different engine but he wouldn't take a penny off me untill I was happy ,I had to wedge some cash in his glove box while he wasn't looking (hence why Simon's sorely missed )

I know since Simon past away Duncan has landed a lot of jgm's old customers, So he's mega busy. Drop him another email asking when he's in your area next and maybe he'll be able to squeeze it in ?

Don't give up just yet a tweek might be all it needs .

If it's not broke .....upgrade it 😊

He mapped me, I had a little overboost issue. He came to my house and sorted it within two weeks. Thoroughly enjoyed the service I got. I think a lot of mapping comes down to health of the car in general. Didn't you have a vvt issue before/during the mapping time?

He is renowned for being tough to get hold of but I'm sure it's not with malicious intent.

Too angry at this moment to even want to bother tbh savs, I started taking it apart tonight to try and treble check things and it got dark and I had a torch and I just thought f&ck this, I am sick of it, and just put it back together to sell it, there is only so much logging, fuel burning and family time wasting I can put up with

it'll either be sold as is or it'll go to engine tuner and be mapped and sold 

Ghost, if I had an issue glaring up he never should have mapped it, he told me it was fine, and it's his work phone I'm texting, the one he must use on a daily basis to run his business

think that'll be it from me on this now, not happy bunny and it's coming across in my posts

Shame well I still hope you stick with the car and don't sell it. And as Savage said I'd message him see when he's back in the area I know it doesn't help now and confidence isn't high with him but I think he should sort the issue out if you're not happy either way. If he doesn't respond to that text then yeah I'd be really annoyed well even more Pi$$ed off and quite rightly too. 

And I agree Simon was a great guy all round not just amazing ability with mapping but a great human being. Still makes me sad now :sad:

• Like 1

Might just not be getting back to you as it was the bank holiday weekend? ..... I'm self employed and didn't answer any business calls until today [emoji6]

I use a different mapper based in Norwich he's not mobile and only works from his dyno . He's not cheap but he's been mapping for 30yrs + and has won loads of awards during his career .

Always impressed with his customer service as he normally replies within 2 hrs via email.

Hopefully you'll get it sorted soon, fella

If it's not broke .....upgrade it 😊

It's been ongoing tbh, look I've lost my rag with the whole thing, the car is driving me mad, not being able to get hold of him, not being able to fix it/tune it myself all has added up to me being seriously frustrated and getting the hump, I got my wife asking why after paying to have it mapped am I now having more problems than before, and wasting time messing about on it, so I get the hump with her,  it's just a vicious cycle, I'm sick of the sight of the car at this moment, don't even want to drive it. 

In all honesty though I would liked to have calmed down and not started this thread in the first place as things done in anger are not always the best time to do things in my opinion

A problem shared is a problem halved. Best voice opinions otherwise the world is a boring place.

As for Duncan I'm pretty sure he'll do what he can to help regarding the map or any new faults that have popped up because you've asked the car to give more power and change fueling. Did you change the fueo pump at all? Just looking at anything else that could give Issue along with the map.

• Like 1

Yeah I spose, just that I don't like slagging people off, it's not my thing, I'm the fella that gets served a cold steak in a restaurant and just has a little moan to himself then gets on and eats it, just at the end of my tether with it and a few other things at the mo, as for the car, I'm convinced in my mind that it's the left avcs pulley that's playing up, but without knowing what's been done in the mapping with it I'm just ****-ing against the wind, changing the solenoid got rid of all the high end timing issues, just have low end stuff again, I don't know if he mapped round the dodgy solenoid and now fitting a new one has thrown it out of kilter, I just don't know these things 

Oh, don't get me wrong, I think he personally is a great bloke, which really is another reason why I wish I'd never started this thread, I was up there for a while and after the initial sounding out the customer to see if they're ok or not he was as nice a fella as you could hope to meet, my wife liked him and she don't like many people lol

• Like 1

Scoobyghost, it has got a 255 fuel pump, and a couple of other little bits, but they were all on there before the mapping took place, the only thing that's been changed is one solenoid now, the car runs absolutely fine if I disconnect the avcs, just down on power and using loads of fuel as the cams are only really set up for high revs with the avcs unplugged, with it plugged in I can sit and watch knock sum increasing on tickover and by the time ive reversed off my drive it's logged about 25 knocks, and it just pulls loads of timing at low revs and puts IAM to zero, it is truly awful, and this happens every drive with avcs connected, I have to keep resetting the ecu or disconnect the avcs, i can only think that it already had a slight problem and the extra power being asked or changed parameters have highlighted it, I'm not saying for one minute that it's a cut and dried crappy tune as the car ran perfectly most of the way home, I think more than likely something is up the shoot now due to being tuned/asked to do more, it's just that I don't know what it is which is really frustrating, I have no way to fix it, and the cars worse than before it was mapped

I think allowing your anger to show helps others when having mapping done. I've said before it's easy to jump on the case that it's a bad mapper and so on. Doesn't matter who it is or what company I never recommend just one I'll give multiples as a choice for the person having it done, I don't have any problem with any from Scoobyclinic area 52 or Racedynamix. Duncan is on this forum not sure if he uses it or not but I know he has been here as he's posted before and does seem like a nice chap. But you sharing your view will hopefully help others in the future and realize it's not easy just having a car mapped and problems do happen from time to time. fingers crossed it has a happy ending all round. But anyway don't be sorry for starting the post I'm sure all of us here can tell you're not trying to start a debate or drag names in to the mud like many would so respect to you for that :angel_not: Haha but if you still haven't heard anything I'll message him for you see if I can help. :happy:

• Like 1

It's gone like this, I know your gonna think I'm a bit of a tit, but at this very moment, the thought of doing anything with the car is really !! stressing me out,  I'm using my old vw camper and the wrx is left at home on the drive until it's sold or I sort out a fix with Duncan

image.png

Perfectly good reaction to situations like this. Sometimes it feels like you're hitting a brick wall but there's always an option. Looks like he's willing to help you and have a look. Just need to get a date booked up and he'll sort it.

We've all been in this situation where it feels noatter what you try you never seem to get anywhere. Walk away have a brew and come back. Or in this case give it to Duncan and walk away.

Drove it today, logged it, limp mode again, vvt was spot on but it was holding 14.7 afr up to 2400ish rpm and 1.25 g'rev, and maybe 8psi of boost,  infact it looks like every incident of low knock is with the car holding that afr into boost