FSTI SG9 EJ25 JDM - Sat Nav

borisdollar

Just got my hands on a lovely looking import and will no doubt have lots of questions over the coming weeks and months, and what better place to ask than here :-D

Its a 2005 FSTI SG9 EJ25 and comes with a japanese head unit with Sat Nav (see attached pic).  Can this be replaced with pretty much any double din UK head unit (such as this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/NAVISKAUTO-Touchscreen-Quad-Core-Bluetooth-Mirrorlink/dp/B01CGA5DIU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1473179016&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=double+din+sat+nav+android&psc=1 )

Or does it have to be a replacement OEM UK Forester head unit?

Thank you in advance for your help!

fsti.jpg

Most people put the double din further down the console in the original hole, as that looks like an optional extra or after market part, 95% of the fsti's I've seen just have the lift up cubby box and clock there

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Interesting.  I was under the impression that all I needed to do was to get my hands on a oem UK forester sat nav and that would go right in... but I think you are right.  I havent seen any others with this. 

I'll have to learn Japanese!

Thanks for the response Peejay. 

Now that I've actually got my hands on the unit, I can get a bit more info about it.  Its a Pioneer Carrozzeria AVIC-HRZ900.  The entire system is in Japanese, yet the buttons on the front are all in English.  There is an image of the unit here.  I've had a quick search around but can't find anything much in English.

I've gone as far as Google translating photos I took of each menu option, but I fear language is not there.  Just seems a bit weird that the buttons on the front are 100% english!

I wonder if Pioneer do a similar disk to the one you described above?

p1.jpg?ct=504f15cd3910

I was luck enough that my FSTi didn't have a jap unit in it (previous owner done full sound system in it) but I will be putting a double din for reversing camera because according to the wife a towbar isn't a good enough parking sensor. Interested to s how you get on with yours and what else your doing with the car. 

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...

Just a bit of an update on this thread, I finally replaced the head unit with one of those new ATOTO android units for £219 (highly recommended!!!).

Next step, speaker upgrade.  Anyone know where I can buy some speaker adapter rings / spacers for the front and rear?

I've seen some on eBay for £16.99 but they are in Germany and I'd like to fit the speakers this weekend! 

• 1 month later...
On 08/09/2016 at 8:43 PM, stants said:

Most people put the double din further down the console in the original hole, as that looks like an optional extra or after market part, 95% of the fsti's I've seen just have the lift up cubby box and clock there

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Ahh!! My 03 SG has lift up cubby hole and clock under it and I thought I was a f***ing genius for thinking about putting a double din/sat nav in there. Good to know everyone else already came up with that 😂

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...