project blue

aucky

well my mrs kept complaining that car look stupid without the lower grill,so to keep her happy i got a zunsport mesh grill to fit,turned into a pain in the rear as zunsports just screw straight into the existing grill but mine had been cut out for the front mount,so i have had to make some brackets to fit it,but the work was worth it in the end and i hate to admit it but i think she was rite,looks much better with a grill in and while i had bumper off it was a good time to change my upper grill and fit my hella horns,pleased with the finished look,time for :beer:now.

20160829_192409.jpgnew grill.jpglowe zunsport fitted.jpg 

• Like 1

i used some of these spaced round it got them from wilko but bit smaller 1's they only have 1 hole in them and painted them black and some m4-25mm bolts,just remember when you cut your grill out to leave the edge so zunsport will push up to it,then bracket stands behind and hooks under edge.works a treat.

bracket.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

@Xander i have not had any pipes off yet to have a look,but i have been looking at catch cans as well,i was going to go with the grimmspeed air oil seperator but it is a bit expensive and has a couple of issues i have heard on youtube from people who have fitted that,so just going to go with a catch can,easy job to do and dont take long.

I am this close to ordering the grim speed  but haven't done yet. I have been put of the catch cans as the only kit I can find is £400 I know I can make one up cheaper so might keep looking. 

I had oil in my intercooler last time I looked and have been remapped since then so would expect it to be worse now.

I like the idea of the grim speed just set and forget and most people seam to like it but I will look on youtube and see what your saying.

3 minutes ago, Xander said:

I am this close to ordering the grim speed  but haven't done yet. I have been put of the catch cans as the only kit I can find is £400 I know I can make one up cheaper so might keep looking. 

I had oil in my intercooler last time I looked and have been remapped since then so would expect it to be worse now.

I like the idea of the grim speed just set and forget and most people seam to like it but I will look on youtube and see what your saying.

lol £400 were you buying that from,you can get them for about £60 on eBay but i was looking at this 1 as its a good name,but can make your own for less then £100

http://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/GB/WRX__and__STI_08-10_Cusco_Oil_Catch_Cans/SU8_692009A_.aspx

7 minutes ago, aucky said:

lol £400 were you buying that from,you can get them for about £60 on ebay but i was looking at this 1 as its a good name,but can make your own for less then £100

http://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/GB/WRX__and__STI_08-10_Cusco_Oil_Catch_Cans/SU8_692009A_.aspx

http://www.mishimoto.co.uk/subaru-wrx-baffled-oil-catch-can-kit-08-14.html

Its a 2 can set up not sure how needed the 2 cans are but they do one for the pcv and one for the crack casing I think so the pcv system stays separate.

They also sell the cans for about £100 on there own so really its like £200 for some brackets and hose.

Also just found some videos on youtube and won't be getting the grim speed so thank you for the heads up.

Yer the more I look into it the more I think I will find 2 good cans and some hose and just make it up myself I dont mind spending money on the car but I dont want to spend £400 on something that can be done for much less.

today i have fitted some mudflaps ready for winter weather,rallyflaps z make they are,universal fit,originally got them for when i was having midlife crisis and got the focus st but never got round to putting them on it,so slap't them on the hatch,no picture as it gettin dark and hard to see them.

so been thinking about the grill i fitted,as much as i like it i kept thinking the car was starting to look like a copy of the hatch i had before and i dont want that,so it had to come off.their no sti grills for sale at moment i can find,so i had a look at the original grill,turns out its 3 parts so i took it to bits,got rid of the crap mirror finish and dremmeled the centre of the grill out.after the paint was dry i cut some mesh and finally fitted wrx badge.once i get some black paint i will paint the bumper support black as its blue at minute,but not a big job that.

1.JPG2.JPG3.JPGfinal.JPGgrill.JPG

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys,so the wheels was looking a bit crap,going to be getting new after winter,so for now i have gave them a quick blow over with a new colour,only got 2 done with the nights closing in so will do the other too in the morning if its dry.

primer

primer.JPG

paint

colour.JPG

clear coat

clear coat.JPG

• Like 3

ok so got my other 2 wheels painted today and on car,think my dad was looking down on me and made sun come out so i could get them done :smile: will get some pictures done of car with them on tomorrow when my new bling lug nuts come.

so moving swiftly on to my next mod,as you no i have a front mount intercooler on car and i was thinking about the vent in the bonnet and how i could make some use of it and i thought hmmm stick a oil cooler under it,so i have done a quick photoshop of what it would sort of look like and i think yep lets go for it,so will be ordering parts shortly and any advice on them would be a big help guys :unsure:

oil cooler test.jpg

hi guys,so am sure anyone with the 07 on hatchback will no the seats dont hold you very well,so today i have sorted mine out,hold same as a blob seat now and cost me £6 for the foam from dunelm store.makes them feel way more sporty now i dont slide from side to side in the seat,done them to hold but not too tight.a guy on youtube i follow put a video on to show how to do it,take about half hour to do both seat and if you dont like it you can take it out,so if you have a hatch and would like the seats to hug you better then watch this video and transform your car.i have also fix't my centre arm rest,it did not clip down and was bouncing all other place,thanks to @Jamie_uk for how to fix it,work't a treat mate :smile:

• Like 1

Ok so today i decided am going to use my custom steering wheel on my car but i want to still use the wheel controlers for radio n cruise control so need to modify it a bit,so turned into a longer job then i would have liked.i have thought about a omp wheel with a snap on boss so can remove it at night for extra security but still undecided on that as would need a airbag resistor and find out if horn in middle wheel still work or not with a quick release.so if anyone has one fitted let me no how they are.

3df8d4e8ffd850f4a200b2f665871c32.jpg

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Looking good. Will have to look at the seat improvement as they are pants. Shame you could not get the air filter where the top mount was as it gets plenty of cold air.

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

33 minutes ago, Beags said:

Looking good. Will have to look at the seat improvement as they are pants. Shame you could not get the air filter where the top mount was as it gets plenty of cold air.

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

100% improvment i think it made to mine mate,shame i can not lift bolsters at side legs a bit as well then would be perfect,going to change airfilter as its in wing and gets wet and it is also sat on the hot intercooler pipe so dont think that will help it as well.

can not decided,if i get a sti rear spoiler which do you think will look best,my roof is going to be black,so do i go with a blue spoiler or go with the carbon fibre spoiler,almost click to buy the carbon today,guess with the carbon one i allways still have option to go blue,harder to change from blue to carbon,hmmm what you guys think.

rear spoiler choice.jpg