Update on my car

Piggysniffer

Ok, so as you know, had it mapped and got lots of problems pulling timing after, narrowed it down to avcs (runs fine with it disconnected), since then, have replaced avcs solenoids, removed stripped and cleaned avcs pulleys, retimed car/cam belt, and today removed sump and replaced oil pick up tube just to rule it out, the car was better after changing the solenoids but still not right, it's had compression and leak down test week before mapping and mapper said figures were fine, next thing is a bore scope just to make 100 percent sure all is well in there and if so then get it remapped by someone that actually gives a flying !Removed! 

Yeah it's not nice mate tbh, I'm sure if he had taken the car out for a drive after RRing it and logged it he would have been able to iron out the niggles, but it was a few blasts on the rollers and thank you very much, put your card in here and type in your pin lol

the irony of it all is that I actually said (words to the effect of) I'm happy with the power it's got already I want you to map it to make it a pleasure to drive not map it for out and out performance 

hmmmm 🙄 Ended up with the opposite lol

No mate, no more than 6 runs on the rollers (probs more like 4 or maybe 5) then out the door into car park and that's it, and thinking about it, when I drove it home it did feel a bit "fluffy" at certain rpm, but I didn't have lap top plugged in as had Mrs and baby in car, so wasn't right from the time it left

17 hours ago, Piggysniffer said:

No mate, no more than 6 runs on the rollers (probs more like 4 or maybe 5) then out the door into car park and that's it, and thinking about it, when I drove it home it did feel a bit "fluffy" at certain rpm, but I didn't have lap top plugged in as had Mrs and baby in car, so wasn't right from the time it left

blokes enept. pure and simple

Racedynamix or dynamics or whatever it's called, the more I'm speaking to people the more I'm getting the impression that he's done a poor job, a few runs on the dyno and no road time at all, it's my first time having a car mapped so I never knew it shoulda been road tested after the rolling road, I just assumed the fella knew what he was doing

53 minutes ago, Piggysniffer said:

Racedynamix or dynamics or whatever it's called, the more I'm speaking to people the more I'm getting the impression that he's done a poor job, a few runs on the dyno and no road time at all, it's my first time having a car mapped so I never knew it shoulda been road tested after the rolling road, I just assumed the fella knew what he was doing

alot of folks find out the hard way unfortunately. He convinced allot of people who don't know better that hes good. The amount of people around now who have owned them for 5 mins and think they know how to tune them is unbelievable. It's amazing how many questions get asked that were asked years back yet people wont accept the answer.

He was advised about road testing cars years ago but just wants to make as much money as possible. it takes at least an hour (assuming it goes totaly perfect) to map a car and some cars can take hours and hours. Also given he does alot of road mapping you have to ask what insurance he has. your own personal car insurance does not cover you while the car is being mapped.

• Like 1

He's a !Removed! idiot tidgy, I'm done with being nice about it all, he mapped the car, messed it up and then just did a disappearing act with my £430 for 20 minutes work for about 5 dyno runs, the fuel trims are pulling fuel still, still getting pulled timing and going into limp mode, I'm in the process with barclaycard of trying to get my money back, I wouldn't like to say what's gonna happen if I bump into him tbh