Broken down

JamesJDMwagon

If i had to get towed by a vtec kicked in yo id set my car on fire lol

Feel for u mate its crap when they dont work right init

Ps i know this post is 0 use to u lol

• Like 1

Yes popped the old one in. bench tested the other both work great so put it all back together. I would of thought the alarm would cut all the power but don't know enough about them. It's strange to say the least. When the engine is cranking I only get one volt at the pump. The relay is cycling 12volts so that works. Really stumped on this one 

Have you checked the relay out put towards the pump ? (Break in the wire ? )

Cam n crank sensor loose or corroded plugs ? As it will turn over but not start if their not plugged in .

Although I was fairly sure that removing the cam or crank sensor cuts spark not fuel (might be worth checking though )

• Like 1

Yes check the relay it's all good it's got to be a problem between the relay and pump. I'm going to start tracing the wires tonight see where the 12v ends and 1.2v starts hopefully I can find it. Maybe the alarm intercepts it?! Who knows.

the only ecu code I've got stored is temp sensor. But I'll check the maybe give them love with contact cleaner.

might even wire the pump on a switch until I find the problem 

Thanks for the input guys 😊 It's all fixed now couldn't be happier. 

Turns out the alarm intercepts the fuel feed and the board that controls the pump in the alarm has gone bad so it was bipassed but leaving the alarm spliced in so it doesn't know what's going on. Had to cut open the loom under the carpet find where the alarm bridges the live. 

• Like 2

I was thinking of putting a new one in that's a good price. I'd  imagine it would be more hassle having to fit a new one to mine as the old one would need removing and my god it's a mess haha. But everything works now just the alarm won't cut fuel but still cuts everything else. Mines a cat 1 thatchan approved system. 

Now it's time to test her out 😜 

Mine wouldn't let me in without the alarm going off , let alone start the dam thing . I was booked in at a airport car park to go away in 2 days .

He had the alarm siren off and car started within a minute even without a working fob . Then fitted the new one in a couple of hours [emoji41]

• Like 1