2017 STI in the house

muziqaz

On 10/24/2016 at 8:57 PM, RichieT said:

I'm looking forward to seeing the the back de-budged. The sti badges at the side are looking very good.  

Today's clean up

Could not do badges today as I'm parked further away from the house.

I have another order in the basket with subispeed.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RichieT said:

Now that is very clean looking. Transforms the back. Good job. 

Thanks, but this morning I came out to pick something from my car and it's heavy mist, and I can see the lettering on the car :D I'll take a picture later.

On another matter. How to reduce my starlink phone echo when I am talking to someone, they can hear themselves echoing. On my end quality is perfect, just they say they can hear echo.

IMG_20161030_092136

As promised. This morning was misty as well, but I did not really notice any lettering, but I was off to work, so had no time to really look into it. I'm no worries, as its probably(most likely) LifeShine causing this. I just need to wax those places should be ok.

18 minutes ago, RichieT said:

The car would have been treated when the badges were on the car. I't might be worth gettign yoru local dealer to run some lifeshine on the back after polishing the boot? 

Thats what i thought, as well. I received a care package from lifeshine. I think it includes wax bottle. That might be enough. The thing is we had few misty mornings after that, but lettering is not visible anymore.

I will keep an eye on that either way.

On the side note I just ordered car cover from coveryourcar.com. their communication was very good. In December will have bespoke cover made for my car. Will be very handy in airport carpark for 3 winter weeks.

Also my second order from subispeed.com just crossed the border. This modding thing is quite expensive. Love it :D

• Like 2

So subispeed delivered again. This one is the last for this year. Next year will be looking into exhaust, roof wrap maybe and probably swap out starlink to something more decent.

Second subispeed delivery

Had some sunshine today, so managed to do couple of things. I tell you this, that back badge is PITA to take off. They glue it real solid, nothing helps. And don't get me started with those vents. subispeed said its quite easy to swap the vents around. Yeah, sure... if you have steel rubber fingers...

Wheel nuts will go on at the end of the month when I receive a wrench :D Those license plate lights look real nice. Overlays would have done today, but had to give a drive through for my neighbor... So it was 1st time when I actually went hard on the car. He s**t his pants, so mission accomplished :D

Yesterday I had to take advantage of the power of the car to avoid an accident :( Was not happy and also happy that I pulled it off. Some idiot decided to swap lanes while I was next to him. Had to go into opposite traffic side, make a little FTL jump around the pr**k.

And had to fend off a group of massive crows trying to eat their food on top of my roof by one of the Tescos. Beaks and nails on brand new car :( Was fuming. One of them even sh*t on the roof.

Like a magnet for trouble ;(

On the other hand, car is addictive :)

aa.jpg

aaa.jpg

aaaa.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So this Sunday was productive:

IMG_20161113_123328

I'm on the fence with this one. Kinda like it. You can't see it, but it has carbon fibre texture. Though I'm thinking to take it off. If I won't then car wash will, as they do not stick very well.

IMG_20161113_112343IMG_20161113_111703

This installation was way easier than I thought. It weighs a bit so it does not slide a lot. It took me longer to line everything up than actually sticking it on the roof. Well happy with result.

Easy peasy :DEasy peasy :D

This was extremely easy. No fear of scratching anything, so heated up with hair dryer and just went for it. Even glue came off very very easy. Also keep in mind if you ever buy these emblems from subispeed or anywhere else, front badge has not enough glue, so you need few extra strips. The glue on the badge is plenty, just it is too thin to actually stick. Now just need swap those STI badges into something more darker. But either way it is coming along very nicely.

The one thing which I scrapped in the middle of installation was grey overlays for back lights. And since I am considering getting back light swapped next year, I thought not worth the effort to grey out whiter bits on back lights now ;)

What's left for this year (I'm broke now) is wheel nuts and matte black vinyl on mirrors and maybe swap STI badges if I can get them in UK.

also, I'm on Instagram now. It has nothing you guys did not see. muziqaz_sti ;) and I hate hashtags :D

Forgot to tell: dealer drilled boot cover to fit the licence plates. Straight into the metal. At the front it's plastic bumper so no issue, but I'm fuming about the back. And the funny thing is Subaru has nice brackets installed for licence plates with holes and everything. Completely gutted. Perfect place to start the rust growing :(

Oh and any suggestion about Battery cover, as water droplets get under bonnet onto Battery, and I don't want anything on it. I saw a cover in subispeed, but that one is a bit too fancy :) still put it into my wishlist.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys been slacking. Quite a few things happened during recent days.

So first off, scary moment:

IMG_20161123_093346

Scratch at work. Its hard to see but it continues through my colleagues boot reflection and goes to wheel reflection. Freaked out, gave a call to Kinghams Subaru, Keith (the owner) told me to drop by. Went up there straight away. Mike comes out with the cloth and some substance, does some magic for 10 minutes and the result is:

IMG_20161123_101225

Was looking at it for solid 5 minutes from all angles. Nothing. He then applied some of that LifeShine and let me wander around the dealership and here is what I found:

IMG_20161123_101207

Have no idea how much they wanted for that WRX, but it was sold. What a beauty :)

Also while I was there I noticed this:

IMG_20161123_101314

Anyone would like 2017 brand new STI? :) The guys who bought it, lost his driving license for couple of years just several days before pick up :( so dealer is now stuck with this beast. And what a difference car detailing does :D I almost want to sell mine and buy this one :D :D :D :D I kid I kid, just don't tell this to my car :D And if anyone decides to buy it, mention name Tomas to Keith (the owner) or Mike, I will buy beers ;)

Also had a chance to test my brakes unwillingly and due to my stupidity. Brakes work great, car stops extremely quickly, there was some wheel skidding, ABS engagement and some noises. Decided to overtake a bus, while ignoring the car in front of me who decided to be a good guys and let the bus go, so while I was accelerating, he slammed on the brakes. If this happened with Scirocco, I would be calling my insurance company and not driving an STI next but some Peugeot. The rest of the journey home I was patting the dashboard of the car and thanking it :D

Also, clocked 1000miles few days ago. Took me 2 months of mostly London traffic driving :) Now according to car manual, my engine is broken in. Sports Sharp mode, here I come :P :D

This weekend will be changing the wheel nuts into black ones:

IMG_20161122_194917

And if weather permits:

IMG_20161122_194451

Will decorate the intercooler for xmas :D Older Impreza STIs used to come with marking from factory, weren't they?

And for the conclusion, bit of the cockpit :)

2016-11-25_07-32-36

Need better camera. Nexus 5X doesn't cut it anymore.

Oh, one more thing: gear grinding. I'm getting quite a bit of it while cold. from 1st to 2nd and from 2nd to 3rd. Grinding is very short and very random. Seems to grind mostly when I drive for a bit longer in 1st in traffic. Very hard to work out what I am actually doing to make them grind. Though after some time when car warms up, grinding either is gone or almost never happens.

Internetz is reporting that quite a lot of people have this with WRXs and STIs

• Like 1

Nearly all jap cars I've driven don't like to go into 2nd form 1st when cold, 🤔 my foz is no exception, don't get a grind, more of a notchy feeling, how's it for reversing ? Older impreza don't like it much either,

Ipc will sell you the 'tuned by sti' sticker that goes on top of the cooler if you want one.

Must say the new one is growing on me loads, shame I don't have a pile of cash to but something new, keep up the good work on the reports!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

51 minutes ago, stants said:

Nearly all jap cars I've driven don't like to go into 2nd form 1st when cold, 🤔 my foz is no exception, don't get a grind, more of a notchy feeling, how's it for reversing ? Older impreza don't like it much either,

Ipc will sell you the 'tuned by sti' sticker that goes on top of the cooler if you want one.

Must say the new one is growing on me loads, shame I don't have a pile of cash to but something new, keep up the good work on the reports!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thanks. Just in the middle of the scrapped 'project': wrapping the mirrors is PITA :( plastidip it is.

Putting in reverse is extremely smooth. And overall notchiness I don't mind and even like. But it grinds my gears when car grinds it's own. The notchiness is kinda smooth, but when it grinds it feels metal to metal which obviously it is :) 

Either way, today had little fun on frosted rubber 'tarmac'. Went sideways, freaked out my passenger and couple of young lads in Corsas :D

Pardon me now, off to paint the intercooler :D

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_20161126_1311482016-11-26_10-05-26

What we learned during the spraying exercise: cover everything in engine bay, leave no gaps, underside of the bonnet as well. Spray goes everywhere especially if it is windy. In my case it wasn't but still got overspray in quite a few places.

Also that weekend changed wheel nuts to some black ones with specific protection groves.

Before:

IMG_20161126_101107

And after:

IMG_20161126_105631

And for the record, I did go sideways in this parking lot during that mad freezing period:

IMG_20161126_085256

Its rubber surface, give some frost on top of it, and you have skating rink with multiple lawsuites waiting to happen. Car felt composed even on summer Dunlops.

An accidental find on google maps :)

Good place for photoshootGood place for photoshootGood place for photoshootGood place for photoshoot

Its in Kent, I think. Here is the url to the maps coords:

https://goo.gl/maps/YQcKFtGUZws

best time to visit is mornings before June and after September. Or if you want to visit windmill as well, then during summer. But I guess during summer you won't be able to take pictures of your car freely, as there will be plenty of people parked around.

• Like 1

On 18/10/2016 at 11:22 PM, muziqaz said:

And there I was several months ago laughing my !Removed! off from supercars of london fool filling his brand spanking new 0 mile Merc AMG GTS with 95 octane regular fuel on his first petrol garage stop from dealers :D

Some people just shouldn't be allowed to buy certain motors :laugh:

On 03/11/2016 at 3:31 PM, muziqaz said:

Also my second order from subispeed.com just crossed the border. This modding thing is quite expensive. Love it :D

Its a slippery slope - but hell of a slide :Jumpy:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kershaw-330s said:

Some nice progress here what other mods do you have lined up ? Could I recommend the ht autos bottom line kit sets the car off nicely ;)

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

You read my mind. Lips will be coming and rear diffuser is planned as well. Lip will be OEM one, and diffuser will be HT Autos. Will have to find someone to paint it blue. Instagram community is giving me some awesome ideas ;) Americans have it easy, plenty of places to find something to buy, not like us, shipping across the pond :(

Upon further googling I see HT Autos has UK website. Very nice, and that front lip does not drop too low as well, just brings front spoiler forward. Very nice. Thanks

I had a short list of plans done in drivetribe website.

My plan is as mentioned above lip, diffuser also sideskirts. Wheels (Advan or Wedssport SA-55M if I can find anyone who will import them and dress them with tyres, or BBS/Rota), exhaust, most likely ETS burnt tips with mufflers. Air filter (perrin or HKS). Found a guy who does most awesome badges for Subarus in US, will get something epic done by him for the front. Taillights from subispeed, unless they are incompatible or if I don't like how the blown bulbs are being swapped in them. Mudflaps, not because its popular, but because upon further inspection found a lot of mud collected on wheel arches, which I do not like any bit at all. Perrin shift stop and some heavier shift knob (again found a company in US who do some epic knobs). Would love to wrap a bonnet and the roof. Was thinking going full !Removed! with carbon fibre bonnet, but I don't cr*p money by the looks of it, so wrap will do fine :D Have some plastidip for side mirrors. Just need perfect conditions outside to spray them.

Also will continue de-chroming various bits and bobs. Now looking for some suggestions on how to black out the silver bits around centre console vents. Side vents I have them swapped as seen in the pictures further up, but centre console one cannot be swapped as far as I see.

Also, whats the deal with front side window tinting in UK, where is the legal limit? And are they putting the vinyl inside of the glass or on outside? If its on outside, then it will get scratched very easily from dust at work :( Please note, that 2017 STIs come with tinted back side windows already ;)

So yeah, these are my plans for next yeah. Good thing is, next year I have no plans on any traveling holidays planned, so don't need to save up for anything, like at the moment, I'm tied up, as I am going abroad for 3 weeks during xmas.

Today and yesterday done few things. Not much, but still worth reporting ;)

Got brighter LED installed inside the boot (LED is one of the subispeed licence plate ones):

2016-12-10_06-02-08

The picture was taken in complete darkness, no flash nothing, just illumination of the LED. Never had my trunk so lit up :D

Also tested car cover:

IMG_20161210_124515IMG_20161210_124540IMG_20161210_124529

Even without the all harnesses at the bottom the cover is snug as a glove. Real bespoke. It felt even a bit too tight in some places. I did not put mirrors into the pockets as they were folded. But if starting to cover from the back I will be able to get mirrors into the pockets easy. This time I started from the front, so there was no chance to pull them in. Real happy with it. Quality product. If anyone interested its on www.coveryourcar.co.uk . Cover name is bespoke Impreza Cielo Outdoors. Just shoot them an email about your model of the car and they will make it exactly for your car. Production period is 4 weeks though and price obviously is not cheap ;) I will snap few photos next weekend in airport when I will cover it properly and thoroughly for it to stay for 3 weeks ;)

Obviously as is always an issue with tents and covers :D What comes out of the back folded never comes back in same folded or doesn't fit :D

IMG_20161210_125900

And some blue LEDs for licence plate illumination:

Point Blur_Dec092016_200448

I think this will not last long, as police will not be very happy about it :)

Looks awesome, but numbers are not as brightly visible as normally :)

And finally got ready for oil change on tuesday: 

IMG_20161210_130145~2

I really do hope dealer won't make any fuss about me bringing my oil to the battle :D

And again I'd like to add, that since I bought an STI people around me drive like complete ret**ds and lunatics :/

Just today had someone cut me off at roundabout, no indicator, and he sped up on purpose just to cut me off, I beeped, he stopped in the middle of the roundabout, opened the doors shouted something at me and drove off. My car had something to say when he was turning to his driveway :D and he was driving nissan SUV, so no chance for any Japanese related hate which I get from BMWs. Human kind, eh, I want next ticket to mars :D

• Like 1