Warning light

Cm1

Could be something minor or potential killer,

When you say 'says daily' does it come on when you drive or is it on permanently?

There's a set of diagnostic plugs under the dash that can be connected that will blink out the fault codes, once you have done that you can reset the ecu and see it it comes back, and address the stored code that came up

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

No you can do it, it won't let me post the link but there is a guide in the how to section,

Have a look under the steering wheel (you'll have to stick your head in the footwell and look up)

There are a pair of green and a pair of black plugs, connect one green ones and turn the ignition to 'acc' the engine light will then blink out the codes

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

If you found an Impreza one just follow that. My friends 2000 has that system but my 2001 legacy doesn't so if you can't find it you may not have it.

If the car drives fine and sometimes it's off, doesn't come on in one drive then comes on during the next drive after 2 or so minutes, it 'could' be P0420 which I used to get when using some fuels which I believe has added ethanol.

There are many codes and it 'could' be that.. But iirc if it says 'check engine' then there's the wires, if it's an engine symbol then you need an OBD2 scanner (can get a cheap one off eBay)

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Go down into the drivers footwell and look up, as if looking up a woman's skirt.

May help to get a torch if it's quite dark, but you may see 2 big green and 2 small black connectors that aren't connected.

I believe it's just the black ones that need connecting to read codes, connect them (with engine off, key out etc).

After connected, turn the key so dash lights come on, the engine light should flash codes at you sort of like morse code with long and short flashes (if there is a code stored).

If no code stored, it just flashes steadily like turn indicators.

I found it helps to take a video of it, then look at the video later.

To delete the code I think the green one needs plugging in aswell as the black, then going for a drive but think the engine has to be warm etc but better to look up the code (or codes) first before deleting.

Don't forget to unplug afterwards

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

You only plug in black to black to just read codes.

Plugging in green ones as well extends to system test mode. Link below in thread with basic but will try put up a detailed link as many on here have wrong info or not all info on its use.

• Like 1