AutoX (Autocross)

Seminole81

Anyone know if this is a thing over in the UK? Was great in the States to the few I did attend. Basically very short tight little courses made wth cones, never went above 40mph, but tests driving skill (and different classes for different mods to cars) and how well your car can perform. A lot of fun.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autocross

I see your in newcastle and if you like autox theres rallyx and its on at croft race circuit tomorrow which is just down the road from you near darlington, rallyx is a bit like autox except its a mix of a tarmac and mud/gravel course and is quite good to watch with alot of different classes of cars with varying amount of power, one of the guys at work is going tomorrow and he reckons theres going to be around 85-90 cars there so should be a good day and its quite cheap to spectate :rolleyes:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stuartie said:

I see your in newcastle and if you like autox theres rallyx and its on at croft race circuit tomorrow which is just down the road from you near darlington, rallyx is a bit like autox except its a mix of a tarmac and mud/gravel course and is quite good to watch with alot of different classes of cars with varying amount of power, one of the guys at work is going tomorrow and he reckons theres going to be around 85-90 cars there so should be a good day and its quite cheap to spectate :rolleyes:

Oh, I've heard of this! Yeah it sounds good, but I don't want too many stone chips in the gravel section 😬😱 would definitely have to check it out though. Was just curious if AutoX was about over here as I'd love to do some of those. RallyX sounds good too though. Thanks for the heads up!

5 hours ago, stuartie said:

Ahh right now i see think i misunderstood you i thought you wanted to spectate not take part, the rallyx cars are basically race built specifically for doing it which will cost a fair bit i would imagine 

Ah yeah, take part. AutoX you can do with a bone stick car. 😊