Winter wheels & tyres

Swayze88

Ouch!

A plaster should fix that, as you say £7 not too bad. Time to go to main dealer perhaps and be shure I suppose.

Incidentally I averaged  57 mpg on a 370 mile round dial trip on the Michelin Alpin 5's , and the road noise was no greater than the standard tyre.

Usually winter rubber is more noise you and has a small mpg cost!

I did an oil and filter change this week, and to avoid compromising the warranty I got the Havoline engine oil and filter supplied from the main dealer. The cost was very reasonable and I have a receipt to prove if necessary that I didn't use the wrong oil.  They had me take my own containers for the oil as they get it in Big drums. I couldn't have bought it cheaper myself and the filters where only £1.70 more than ebay'so best price.

It was snowing here on Boxing Day : - )

Good luck getting you're winter rubber on 👍

• Like 1

On 31/12/2016 at 8:21 AM, Aberdeen Chris said:

Ouch!

A plaster should fix that, as you say £7 not too bad. Time to go to main dealer perhaps and be shure I suppose.

Incidentally I averaged  57 mpg on a 370 mile round dial trip on the Michelin Alpin 5's , and the road noise was no greater than the standard tyre.

Usually winter rubber is more noise you and has a small mpg cost!

I did an oil and filter change this week, and to avoid compromising the warranty I got the Havoline engine oil and filter supplied from the main dealer. The cost was very reasonable and I have a receipt to prove if necessary that I didn't use the wrong oil.  They had me take my own containers for the oil as they get it in Big drums. I couldn't have bought it cheaper myself and the filters where only £1.70 more than ebay'so best price.

It was snowing here on Boxing Day : - )

Good luck getting you're winter rubber on 👍

Looks like I will need to visit my sister up in Aberdeen when my next service is due, Sounds like you have a good dealership up there! We have had some ice, but no snow yet. The days seem to vary from about -2 degrees up to about 11 degrees at the moment, much weirdness.

• 9 months later...

So finally put the "new" wheels and tyres on the xv, ready for the cold weather (and the fact the summer rubber was on the brink of legality) need to give the car a wash, but I think they look pretty good!

IMG_20171022_093410.jpg

IMG_20171022_123056.jpg

IMG_20171022_123106.jpg