2000 wrx hesitation

W10WRX

Help .....

So I bought my car drove perfect the day I bought it.

Next day the car started fine ticked over normal  drove the car fine until I  tryed to go over 3000rpm  bad hesitation loss of power so I kept it under 3000rpm  and I got it home.

Left it till the next day drove perfect for 60  mile but started to hesitate  at 3000rpm  rpm so again I got it home.

I have disconnected  all the air hoses and refitted  them 

Removed and cleaned the maf 

Car still runs badly! !!!

Wot next ???

Where did you buy it from? Any notes from prev owners? If from somewhere like eBay I heard in a situation like this it's better than buying from classifieds like gumtree.

Can try disconnecting - of Battery for an hour then starting it with nothing on , not steering/touching anything to let it 'learn'

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On a Nissan was sort of the same, on idle you could hear the fuel continuously being adjusted. Took 3 different cleaners to the maf to fix it, intake cleaners, electrical cleaners etc. Think what finally fixed it was taking off the maf, spraying it with Wynns EGR cleaner and letting it air dry.

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

It's still in its same  location  I'm unsure  why it has been  welded in  possible  the previous  owner  messed the thread up and welded it I'm thinking about  changing that  section of  exauste  to save me cutting it  out 

Only reason I said to check wire colours is when I got mine the light was on, went to a garage to change it but turned out one of the previous owners changed it, the connector was the same but the wires were the other way round! So had to force the connector in upside down

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1