Flux quote

Rang Adrian flux yesterday to get a price on insuring my car with a host of mods that I want on it and covered when the insurance renews on 5th Dec 

mods as follows

ninja 2 back box

whiteline front/rear ARB's

1 step colder spark plugs

samota panel filter

275bhp remap

silicone intake and intercooler pipes

sti tmic

afr-boost-oil pressure-oil temp gauge/s

hks turbo timer

grounding kit

(forgot about the blaady GFB bov)

hawkeye wrx wagon 2007, 10,000 miles per year, 2 years no claims, fully comp £550 

i thought that was a good quote so thinks I will be going with that once I've found out about bov

She did ask if I was a member of any, and I said yes subaru owners club but I'm not sure if that held any water at all as she just carried on with other questions, tbh she wasn't great to talk to, had a little bit of attitude, sort of talked down to me, and made no attemp to hide the fact that when I said I wanted to have a think and ring back that she was !Removed! right off with me, even asking why I would want to do that, hope I get someone else when I ring back lol

Wouldn't surprise me if it was the poor woman who went all the way through my mod list last night ..... Only to have me say I'd ring em back before renewing my insurance with them .

She was really nice but must have been miffed with me and my list of mods, which might have made her grumpy today lol .

Gotta be honest I was really impressed with the phone side of flux. I found their online portal a bit of a mare when submitting my proof of ncb but they have my vote so far. They will even be phoned for my daily when that comes up for renewal even though its standard.

I spoke to my daily's current insurance when I got my scooby and had to explain what a dump valve did. Didnt inspire confidence in me to start off with.

The adding on driving of other cars fully comp is a really good idea aswell but dont forget that the car still has to be insured in its own right for you to drive it on your policy. Doesnt mean you can just jump in an uninsured car and be legal.

Sorry to be a stickler but always best to know the law. None of us want any points on our licence.

Sounds like a really solid quote though i'd say. Mine is more than that and I havent hardly got any performance mods. I do work in a really uninsurance friendly industry though.

Yeah well up on the cars gotta be insured thang, used to be able to get away with it as the police had no power to ask for owners insurance when you got stopped, huge loophole, all computerised now so that's been closed, I was happy with that as my standard car insurance had worked out st £480 this year coming as I paid by direct debit, chucked the whole £570 on the card, just gotta finish gettin all the bits now lol

If you do it online you can add mods, but I couldn't add all mine as there wasn't any provision for some of them, so I added a few to gauge an idea of price (I hate talking on the phone too) and I think it came back at £580, then got a message saying that I will get it cheaper if I ring up, so I did and listed all mods and got it cheaper, well worth doing, I got a really happy fella when I rang back to actually buy the insurance, not the scary lady lol

If you do it online you can add mods, but I couldn't add all mine as there wasn't any provision for some of them, so I added a few to gauge an idea of price (I hate talking on the phone too) and I think it came back at £580, then got a message saying that I will get it cheaper if I ring up, so I did and listed all mods and got it cheaper, well worth doing, I got a really happy fella when I rang back to actually buy the insurance, not the scary lady lol

Thank will have a quick look online n if its cheaper on phone i guess i will just have to do it.more money to spend on scooby then i guess

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk