Looking to buy a Head Unit

2 hours ago, HoodedLime said:

Thats what my gf has in her bug. I have AVH-5700DAB. Same thing just bigger screen. And I really don't like it...☹

Yours or your girlfriends you don't like? It looks alright on the pictures. If I don't like it I'll take it back out and sell it to get either the Kenwood DDX4016 or the JVC KW V320BT. Those both look nice from the pics as well.

Wanted to get something nice without spending a complete bomb, and I like the Pioneer products. The 100 one that @Razz311 has is beginning to look a bit dated and the 120 was outta my price range even though it's the one I really really wanted. 

2 hours ago, HoodedLime said:

Thats what my gf has in her bug. I have AVH-5700DAB. Same thing just bigger screen. And I really don't like it...☹

Yours or your girlfriends you don't like? It looks alright on the pictures. If I don't like it I'll take it back out and sell it to get either the Kenwood DDX4016 or the JVC KW V320BT. Those both look nice from the pics as well.

Wanted to get something nice without spending a complete bomb, and I like the Pioneer products. The 100 one that @Razz311 has is beginning to look a bit dated and the 120 was outta my price range even though it's the one I really really wanted. 

Well, its supposed to be so multimedial and stuff but in over a year since I bought it they have added just FOUR apps for it. Pathetic. And the DAB reception is absolute rubbish on mine, and I've tried 2 different aerials. My gf's is ok though.

1 hour ago, HoodedLime said:

Well, its supposed to be so multimedial and stuff but in over a year since I bought it they have added just FOUR apps for it. Pathetic. And the DAB reception is absolute rubbish on mine, and I've tried 2 different aerials. My gf's is ok though.

Yeah that's pretty rubbish to be honest. Oh well, I only really bought it as I kinda need the Bluetooth as my wife tends to ring when I'm driving or I need to ring her when driving for whatever reason. Hopefully the DAB works...he's given me the aerial, but I know sometimes they don't work once you pull them off. Where did you hook up your mic at out of curiosity? Did you use a adapter harness by any chance? Looking at this for £10 to save cutting wires etc. http://www.halfords.com/technology/car-audio/stereo-fitting-accessories/autoleads-subaru-car-audio-connector-pc2-44-4

Bought the adapter from Halfords to save the time messing on with the wires. Dead easy job. Took about 15mins all in, I spent more time messing with the settings (still not done yet!) if I'm honest. Haven't hid the mic, USB, or DAB yet, but it's in and working. Much better than stock radio.

IMG_3459.JPG

IMG_3460.JPG