Non functional steering wheel volume control

Paul Rankine

Hi I am a new member and owner of a 2013 XV  D . The normal audio system has been replaced by its previous owner with the Subaru SatNav/ Radio/CD/ DVD  Alpine INE -S900F system. Although the volume controls on the unit work the volume controls on the steering wheel do not. Does anyone know if the Subaru  software allows this to be switched on and off or is it a result od the change of unit ? Much obliged for any help.

head unit most probably dont support steering wheel controls,wont have anywere to plug connector in,if you pull radio out their will be a square connector just hangin their,thats for steering controllers,not all after market radios support controls.

are you sure its a  Alpine INE -S900F  look't on alpine website to find specs and see if its supported and theirs no  Alpine INE -S900F ,if it is the lowest model it wont support it,also if its a old discontinued model most probly wont support it,i have a alpine head unit with no support for steering wheel controlers

Thanks for all that aucky. It is definitely an Alpine INE -S900F , I,ve downloaded the manual and compared it to what's fitted. I suspect that you are right and it is not supported . Bit of a pest having to stretch to volume controls on unit to adjust while driving ! I'll have a look at the link. Many Thanks again.

• Like 1

Hi All,

For future reference ,in case anyone else comes acroos the same problem here is the reply I got back.

Hi Paul,
 The INE-S900 will support steering wheel controls. (Aucky I got it wrong ,its an INE-S900AF).

This is a case of you buying the correct Steering wheel control harness in order for the controls to work. (Cheers Jay)

This lead goes in between the Alpine unit lead and the car wiring.

You will also require a Alpine patch lead from the same place you buy a steering wheel harness.

The steering wheel harness are vehicle specific and the patch lead are unit/brand specific.

These can be purchased from the following companies listed below.

https://www.connects2.co.uk/
 https://incartec.co.uk/

Very good service from Amo at Alpine . :-)

Cheers All

• Like 1