This is a long shot

JamesJDMwagon

So I've been doing lots of boring jobs (tyres, brakes, suspension and fiddly bits) to to my 22yr old Impreza lately and one in particular cropped up again today. 

I don't often corner like a mentalist but when I really push the limits and really really throw it around changing directions hard it occasionally cuts out for at least one second. Then everything's fine no problems. Has anyone ever had this problem? Is it fuel starvation of something else? I've had it with a full tank.

Any ideas welcome as I should probably investigate it as I wasn't to take it on track days. 🔰🏎😂

Swirl pot and another external pump is the usual way. One of the newage boys has just done a nice swirl pot boot build in the build thread section if you want to see what's involved .

I was thinking of a underbonnet swirl pot eventually but that's cos mines a daily driver and has to fit a lot of stuff in the boot .

• Like 1

Mines obviously a wagon and I like having a boot but on the other hand i don't think I have enough room under the bonnet. Hmmm but then again swirlpot in the boot screams race car haha might have to be in the boot. Just spent hundreds on tyres and coilovers would be a shame to have it and not be able to use it 😂

AN fittings look like a pain. 

Mines obviously a wagon and I like having a boot but on the other hand i don't think I have enough room under the bonnet. Hmmm but then again swirlpot in the boot screams race car haha might have to be in the boot. Just spent hundreds on tyres and coilovers would be a shame to have it and not be able to use it 😂

AN fittings look like a pain. 

Yeah cutting the braided hose neatly is a pita too [emoji53]

I just try not to run it low on fuel and if I do ,i don't use full boost on right hand bends and wait for the straight instead [emoji6]

But I prefer look out of the passenger window instead of the windscreen I've got toyos on the front and old hard bald Chinese rubber on the back it's so much fun😄. It's all going to change when I have my car aligned and new toyos Friday though 😞 No more sliding. 

IMG_0645.JPG

Yeah it's a grippy car thing I guess we just corner too fast my last set of fronts lasted six mouths completely destroyed the shoulders. I've just bought a full set of toyo t1r's for £41 a corner I do love the tyres if a little soft. Which firestones are they? Grippy? 

Firestone firehawks (I think) they seem to be rated ok and have got a "bike like" look about the tread which seems to work well .

It's difficult to say if they're grippy tyres as I'm running quite a few suspension mods and its not got abs either .

dc4ceaccf8309c4614d22d6aba4bdc8a.jpg

I wouldn't just buy the firestones on my say so anyways as I've only ever bought those and a set of sticky kumhos that we're good but didn't last .

• Like 1

I think the abs kicks in to early on my scooby and any other i have driven...if your having probs on your abs i no you havent stated what but on all my cars its nearly always been the reluctor ring on driveshaft either corroded loose or damaged teeth,they come with a new driveshaft but you can just replace ring they need a torch to heat up and shrink when cold to stay on😎

• Like 1

yeah but it's would of been crazy fast back then what a hell of a way to go! Mines got abs and it's giving me issues. 

With regards to you abs issues are you still running stock size rubber because sometimes if you go aside bigger but not the right width it can effect the abs sensors and make it over sensitive

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk