17" Forester tyre recommendations?

Hughieboy

I need to get a new set of tyres on my 2.5xt, I just bought it and it has a bit of an 'assortment' fitted, shall we say!

Looking on the web, various models of Yoko Geolandar seem to be recommended but I don't know the difference between them and I wondered what others are using?

I want an all season tyre I think, I can't be doing with changing the tyres twice a year any more and I will be doing mostly main road/motorway and country lane driving with a bit of farm track thrown in..... we live out in the sticks and if we do get snow here it's a bit of a nightmare so a good all rounder is required. Also I don't want a noisy tyre with poor fuel ratings if at all possible.

I love the look and write up of the Nokian all season tyre but it's not available as a 215/55 17 (its 225) so I gues that's no good.

Its a bit of a minefield, recommendations will be gratefully received!

Many Thanks.

I fitted Michelin Crossclimate to my Forester over a year ago and they have been faultless in that time. They've had several trips into the Scottish Highlands during the winter last year through Rannoch Moor and Glencoe 

Climate.png

• Like 1

crossclimate is nice.

another option for this size at under £100 that I seen on couple customer XT's is maxxis AP2 all season XL
One moorland owner rates them high and uses them on farm track, winter rain ice & snow, b road and motorway. rating and cost good too .

Thanks guys..... I shopped around online and then phoned my local tyre shop, Bicester Tyre & Exhaust who are doing the Cross Climates for me at £148.00 per corner.... I phoned asking about the Maxxis but after a chat He convinced me to go with the Michelin and the price was a bit better than most places wanted.... Thats another job ticked off the list!

The Michelin are good but those Maxxis AP2's shouldn't be overlooked when cost important, they done very well in winter and season tyre testing against big names, they not the best but they matched or got close to some top name brands, before £ drop you could get these fitted at £85 which a bargain option that still gave good performance low noise and fuel economy .

I'm struggling with it too! On top of the £800 it's going to cost to replace the secondary air valves and I've only had the car a fortnight! And I know the system can be taken off but I only found out after asking the garage to order in the parts..... so my bargain Subaru is not working out to be such a bargain at present. But I plan on keeping it a couple of years and do a fair amount of long distances in the winter so I want it right.... ho hum...

• 1 month later...

I use the Crossclimate and have to say they are excellent. Mine came out at £110 each, booked online at Kwikfit, plus I made the purchase via a cashback site and got £14.81 cashback.

Great tire and I sling my car around the Lake District at a rare old pace. Like the proverbial to a blanket