Vehicle Dynamics Control System Needs to be checked?

Swayze88

Just had an information/warning pop up saying Vehicle Dynamics Control system needs to be checked. Has anyone experienced this before? It was just after stopping and putting air in the tyres at a garage...? Had driven about 20 miles prior to that without it coming on.

Parked, went to the cinema and had dinner, came back out and it didn't give me the same warning, and no warning this morning when I left for work.
All very strange, seems to be a few gremlins showing up in the electronics.

I had the same warning flash up yesterday!

It hadn't happened before, or since.

I put it down to starting and switching off the engine for very short periods while i was getting the car washed - interrupting the boot up sequence maybes..

• 3 weeks later...

We'll update on wife's car with this error messages, she's now getting them all the time, all three, dynamics, ABS and hill start, but it's got much worse.

hill start assist no longer works, cruise control has stopped working, central locking doesn't always unlock the doors.

this has to be a software issue, all these things should go wrong at once?

On 20/01/2017 at 6:46 PM, Dogconker said:

We'll update on wife's car with this error messages, she's now getting them all the time, all three, dynamics, ABS and hill start, but it's got much worse.

hill start assist no longer works, cruise control has stopped working, central locking doesn't always unlock the doors.

this has to be a software issue, all these things should go wrong at once?

:ohmy: Oh No. Have you spoken to your Subaru dealer regarding this? Is her car one of those affected by the wiring loom recall?

It does sound like a software fault, I wonder if its something strange like an ABS sensor? Maybe its giving a strange reading that prevents the auto hold/hill start.
Obviously that does not explain the central locking. Have you tried with both Keys? I take it its nothing silly like the Battery going flat in the key?

Let us know how you get on, hopefully its something that can be sorted easily.

• 1 month later...

Had this on Monday along with a load of other faults as above( vehicle dynamics, low oil, hill start, cruise etc) that didn't clear after a re-start. Crawled to the garage and they eventually cleared down all the faults but P2150 Injector Valve Circuit was the big one that took a while to clear down. Seems to be running OK at the moment but wondered if this was now a fault as above? Mine's a 12 plate XV

I think it's just a bug, the issue with the central locking we had in both cars, the one we sold on so don't know what happened to that one, but mine they said needed a full new door mechanism to resolve. Now general stuff like that was out of warranty yet Subaru, as a gesture of good will sorted it as a warranty repair, suggesting that it was a known fault.

generally the faults once cleared are gone fir a considerable time, but they can come back from time to time and require yet another reset. 

• 4 years later...
On 1/23/2017 at 9:07 AM, Swayze88 said:

:ohmy: Oh No. Have you spoken to your Subaru dealer regarding this? Is her car one of those affected by the wiring loom recall?

It does sound like a software fault, I wonder if its something strange like an ABS sensor? Maybe its giving a strange reading that prevents the auto hold/hill start.
Obviously that does not explain the central locking. Have you tried with both Keys? I take it its nothing silly like the Battery going flat in the key?

Let us know how you get on, hopefully its something that can be sorted easily.

Did you figure this situation out mines doing it now