My 2015 STI

JohnM

Bought it in October 2015 and lived it since.  Never had a subaru before so I thought it was about time I got one.   It was completely standard for about 4 weeks 😂

Not done much to it. Installed the Mishimoto cold air intake last month. Ordered the all round lip kit from HT Autos last week and also a set of Rally Armor mud flaps from Tarmac Sportz. Going to fit them all this weekend hopefully. Replaced the number plate light and reverse lights for some 600k LED's which look a lot better.  Just got to install the DRL LED's this weekend too. 

Next plan is an upgraded HU. I did have a poioneer unit installed by a place in Inverness but they couldn't find a module to allow the steering controls to function. Was around £900 in total for the unit and fitting but I had to go back to the standard unit. I want my steering controls to work lol. 

Not sure on the next plan for it. There doesn't seem to be a lot out for it yet. I guess it because of how new the model is, or I'm not finding the right sites.

Looking forward to hearing your replies and any info on places to find new parts. 

IMG_4465.JPG

3C9DBD57-2771-416D-9DD1-EACF8D4027C3.jpg

IMG_4555.JPG

Jimmy, it was a local place in town that fitted the HU. They ordered everything and tried 2 different harnesses/modules and neither allowed the steering controls to work.

Thanks for the link Pete. Will look into it and see what they say. 

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to get some time over the weekend to fit the Rall Armor mudflaps. They look mint. Not had a chance to wash the car and get some decemt photos so I'm hoping to do that this weekend. 

Ordered a Borla Cat-Back exhaust yesterday. Should be here at the end of February. 

• 3 weeks later...

Ordered a hella-horn supertone last week. It arrived today. Will be installing it when my exhaust arrives and gets fitted. From the time of pickup in America to my door, it was less than 48 hours! 

IMG_4634.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My Borla exhaust arrives next week so i'll have that and the CAI and I won't be remapping it. I will be buying a sports cat and down pipe in the future and i'll map it after that. All the gains are from the cat back to the turbo eg. Sports cat/decat, down pipe, headers etc. 

It is highly recommended you remap after altering the intake system , these Ecu are very sensitive and any changes could lead to harmful detonation , it says this in the info on most ej257 kits

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

Picked up the Borla exhaust at 6pm earlier/last night. By 9pm it was all installed and sounding perfect. It has a much better rumble than the standard exhaust and boxes. Id recommend this exhaust to anyone looking for a better sound. 

On 18/03/2017 at 11:42 PM, mphowells said:

@JohnM do you have any videos of the exhaust? How much louder is it compared to stock?

A lot. Its not really the sound but the grumble that makes it louder. Its hard to explain. I have a before and after but can't work out how to upload via my phone on here. 

Hope this works:

Stock

https://vimeo.com/209461986

Borla

https://vimeo.com/209462153

Video doesn't do it justice. I'll see if I can get more this weekend. 

• 3 weeks later...

Been busy for the last few weeks so not had much time for posting. Got the HT Autos front lip installed yesterday. No pics of it yet but will post them when I do. Put the rear spats on about 6 weeks ago so thought it was time for the front lip to go on.  Just got the dreaded side skirts to put on now. 

Ordered a set of LED number lights and installed them last week. They are really bright and crisp looking. 

Got a pair or red LED footwell lights that I need to install too. Not sure wether to hook them up to the dome light so they come on when the door opens or to the map light. 

IMG_4885.JPG

Very nice looking car :)

With ref to modding, everything I've read about the VA says you need to remap if adding anything like a CAI. Potentially very sensitive to leaning out. The EJ25 is a delicate flower in stock form.....

13 hours ago, NGBZ said:

Very nice looking car :)

With ref to modding, everything I've read about the VA says you need to remap if adding anything like a CAI. Potentially very sensitive to leaning out. The EJ25 is a delicate flower in stock form.....

Thanks. 

No, you dont need a remap with cbe or cai. If you change the down pipe then it would require a remap. I will be doing this soon. Just got to find one that I want or someone in the UK that can supply one. Not sure if the 2011-2014 model has the same pipe. 

• 1 month later...

Finally got the front lip on the car. The rear spats went on 2 months ago. It was a bit of a pain the butt trying to get the bolts into the bottom of the bumper but got there eventually. Got the hellahorns installed tonight. Not got a picture yet as it started to get dark by the time I finished. Will post pics tomorrow or the next day. 

Ordered some LED indicator bulbs. Just need to find a relay with a resistor built in now to stop the hyper flashing. 

I got some fly eye on the fog/drl lights as the shop didn't have the full yellow I wanted. Waiting for it to arrive then changing it. Also going to get the roof wrapped in gloss black. 

IMG_5067.JPG

IMG_5089.JPG

Got the shock of my life tonight. Came home to the girlfriend hoovering the car lol. I guess if you nag enough she will do it.  Decided to give it a wash and she helped too 👍

Got some photos of the hellahorns too. I also got some nice door striker covers today. I thought they would look good and get rid of the horrible steel/silver colour. 

IMG_5126.JPG

IMG_5127.JPG

IMG_5128.JPG

IMG_5129.JPG

IMG_5130.JPG

IMG_5131.JPG

IMG_5132.JPG

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 23/08/2017 at 5:19 PM, AJ 8186 said:

Any Further up dates John ?

Not on this car. The girlfriend had an accident and wrote the car off. 2 weeks later I bought the same make/model & year but in black. Already has some of the same stuff on it as I put on the WRB. 

IMG_5763.JPG

IMG_5764.JPG

• Like 1

Ok bad luck with the first model (hope the relationship is still in tact) but, exhaust is from which manufacturer and as daft as it seems mud flaps where from ? Also have you any other mods/parts that you have to reccomend. black seems rare for this model.