Recall

Jon812

Has anyone else had a recall letter through today? Ive had one from subaru saying all cars from 2004-07 have a issue in which front passenger airbag inflators deteriorate over time and needs replacing. In the event of a frontal impact it wont deploy properly. 

Yes, it's a massive thing, there's people on here that have been told not to carry passengers in the front until it can be rectified, trouble is they can't get replacment bags fast enough and there has been people waiting 3 months plus,

The recall affects millions of jap cars unfortunately

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Just so you all know, just spoke to my local dealer, he told me that we shouldn't carry passengers, but no incidents have happened in this country. Seems to effect hotter climates. But to cover his backside he couldn't say it ok to have a passenger.

So he now has to get it authorised with Subaru the will ring me back to book it in. Should be a week or so. Can't. E bad, get a recall on a nearly 12 year old car. Another reason why I love Subaru lol

Will admit subaru do seem to be really good with any recall issues . Couple of years ago they were recalling due to rusty wishbones on newages too .

So anyone who investigates if they're part of the new issue should probably ask about the older wishbone issue while asking .

Well either that or buy a v1 sti as mine has no airbags and un rust'able ally wishbones as standard [emoji39]

Now Toyota on the other hand are shocking with their recalls , after being told my mum's 7yr old car didn't need a steering column recall ....... 4 days later the column fell off [emoji36] [emoji35] [emoji33] .

Luckily enough it was as she pulled on her drive and not going down the carriage way.

I was proppa miffed as I had taken the car to them 4 days previous for them to check . No help to get the car to them and they couldn't get a "technician " to us .

I fixed it drove it to the local dealers , parked it across the entrance to their showroom/workshop , unfixed it ,gave them the keys and walked off .

Got a apologetic phone call and a free minor service 2 hrs later . Not that I'd ever take her car to them again to use the voucher or ever buy a Toyota.

Haven't got anything yet. How do they process that information? DVLA inform them of who owns what? Mines from Singapore...will make sure not to have any passengers in the car until its fixed, and also ask about the wishbone as well. Will ring them tomorrow and ask.

Yeah I have got the letter aswell. My question to them will be either are you offering a courtesy car to me whilst I am unable to carry passengers in the front passenger seat as surely this renders a passenger car unfit for purpose ? Or what can I get free seeing as i've been inconvenienced ? Gotta ring my local dealer on monday and see what they say so will post again afterwards

• Like 1