Newbie to the scoob world :)

WRRCwayne

Hi all,  names Wayne and I've not long brought a Forester S turbo....and absolutely loving it!

Coming from an accord type r, I wasn't sure how I'd like it or take to the style of driving that comes with an all wheel drive. Honestly though, it's awesome! 

She is currently running 240bhp with 265 ftlb of torque with Sti impreza suspension and anti roll bars. Got a mix match of wheels but will be running the Sti wheels when tyres are on. 😊  she has a few other bits to go on but they are the main bits I remember aha

I have brought her like this, so feel free to aid me with pros and cons of what it's got :) 

Here are a few pics and I hope to speak to you all and meet up at events in the near future. 😊 

506273693.jpg

506273699.jpg

506273706.jpg

• Like 3

Cheers for the warm welcome all. 

I don't think it's lowered ( well wasn't told) just assumed with the Sti suspension it was naturally sitting lower than the normal forester :huh:  what would be the normal clearance for Sti (blob eye) suspension?  

Anyone know what maximum power output would be on this set up?  And what I'd need to get around 300bhp mark?  New to boost lol 

I'm not to bothered as I've got a couple of bits to sort and she already puts a grin and a half on my face when I put my foot down (untill I look at petrol receipts :blink:)  lol 

Mods, I've got the Sti forester rear spats to go on then I'd like to find the rest of the kit and eventually I'll spray her blue (think it's called wr blue) the normal subaru blue lol Always loved the colour. Wouldn't mind Sti seats with blue centres and white dials. Other than that I think she will keep me happy for a while 😊 

• Like 1

You'd need a bigger turbo, I assume there's a td04 or vf series in there as the UK cars come with a smaller tf03 stock, but you'd have to go bigger again as the 04 runs out of puff at around 270

It's got 4pots from an impreza on by the looks of things so that doesn't need touching,

Did the suspension come off a wagon? Or does it have stronger springs in the rear If it did then the back end should be reasonably ok you can usually tell if they haven't changed the springs as it sits lower at the back,

Any front seats from an impreza will bolt straight in (can't see in the pics what's in there)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Cheers, yeah it's a td04. I'll wait a bit if I need to upgrade the turbo as it's also running a standard intake so would be a good time to get a mushroom or cone filter on it :) (take it that would help it breath? Lol)

Believe it was off the wagon as it seems pretty level, it also has a bigger whiteline anti roll bar. It has a nice bit of oversteer when you lay off the throttle into the corner, which I like.  The brakes, you are right, they are 4pot fronts and 2pot rears. 😊   Just cleaned her today and love her more each time 😀  

Have got a Sti short shifter to fit, apparently it's a bit of a pig to do 🤔 any tips? 

Don't bother with a cone filter,

The standard airbox is good for 350ish just drop a panel filter in.

Wagon shocks are stiffer to accommodate the extra weight so you shouldn't encounter saggy butt syndrome,

Good news on the arb, one of the best value mods you can do, does it have the uprated mounts too ?

The stock ones will snap at some point.

As for the shifter kit is it the one with the separate bushes for the linkage that goes under the car ?

If so good luck as the easiest was is to drop the box 😩 . It can be done it's a pig to get at though

If it's just the throw shouldn't be too hard just have to remove the centre console

• Like 1

Think the mounts have been polybushed (again, so I'm told) really need to get it in the air so I can take a look lol 

It is just the throw so doesn't sound to bad then.  Got a ball joint so guessing it's just a matter of popping it in and other one out? 

Cheers for the heads up on the filter. Save me a couple of quid :) lol

Any make of turbos to avoid?

18 minutes ago, Tidgy said:

welcome

Cheers 😀 

8 minutes ago, stants said:

Cheap Chinese ones ! Avoid

Presume so not done the ball joints on mine

Meant the short shifter looks like a ball joint type. But speaking of the ball joints themselves that I'll look at as got slight knocking at the front but only when the wheel is turned half to full lock.  Do they suffer any common rack or suspension problems?  

Sorry to sound like a noob, know my way around cars well but this is the first scoob ive done mechanical work on and owned aha 

Could be anything dies yours have uprated metal droplinks ?

Things to check are all the usual bits really,

Droplinks ball joints track rod ends, arb to chassis bushes, may even be the top mount that's shot, or a break pad moving around and clunking

The drop links look polybushed but plastic?  this normal? Lol

Good call on the pads as it's due a new set of fronts. I'll pull new ones in and take a look at the rest at the same time. 

Any places in particular that are good for getting parts from? 

Cheers for the info

• 3 weeks later...

I changed the front pads and put on a new set of tyres. While I was under there I thought I'd take a few pics of the suspension etc anyone able to fill me in what suspension is on there. Is this standard Sti? They are pink/red in colour the struts and springs with subaru written on . (pic of the the front strut got corrupted 😑) 

I believe the anti bar is upgraded, looks heavy duty lol DSC_1865.JPGDSC_1864.JPG

DSC_1866.JPG

DSC_1861.JPG

Well after a great weekend having a car weekend and mini meet, I got some pics of the fozzy.  showed up an St and overall still loving and learning the sf's abilities.  Loving the hill stop aswell!!!! What an awesome gizmo! 😀 

Here are a few pics 

PicsArt_03-04-09.22.09.jpg

PicsArt_03-04-09.11.20.jpg

PicsArt_03-04-09.07.53.jpg

PicsArt_03-04-09.06.45.jpg

PicsArt_03-04-06.06.41.jpg

PicsArt_03-04-06.03.02.jpg

PicsArt_03-04-05.37.59.jpg

DSC_1949.JPG

DSC_1941.JPG

DSC_1929.JPG

DSC_1928.JPG