Scooby Ownership length of time

Daz-RSK

Bit aligned to the other thread on Owner's age that Rkidder placed up and people chiming in when they got their 1st Scooby - would be interested to see what length of time people keep their cars on here. I'd imagine that there is a fast pace of switching around on here for most - but has someone met that magic 20 yr mark ? 

When I say long spell ownership, I don't mean tucked down the garden in a heap, with no insurance, no MOT, rotting away or spent years as a project off the road. I know they all add to ownership - but they quickly become a forgotten machine if they spend years off the road. Well, OK, place them in - but I do mean actually kept running year after year, MOT each year etc.

For me, my 1st Scooby was a twin turbo Legacy RSK, bought in early 2003, sold late 2016 - 13.5 years ownership. 

I have a ford capri,one owner bought in 1984,apart from that longest i have ownered a car is 2 years a ford fiesta rs turbo.i get bored quick with cars so usually only last 6 months then change it,had my hatch wrx just other 6 months now and am fighting the erge to change lol got to keep it 12 months at least.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Longest vehicle ive owned is actually a citroen berlingo van lol and that was only 3 years

second was my 1999 classic sport i had that 18 months 

The other 30 odd cars range between a month and about 9 month lol

The longest I've owned any car has been 3 years. My current car may end up being a keeper though, beyond its time as my daily. Just can't see me ever wanting to part with it, and the wife is also already championing this view too. She asks to take it to work more and more these days

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

My first scooby, 2.0L sport wagon n/a, I had for 5 years. Would still have it now if it wasn't for the dreaded tin rot. But I guess if that didn't go, maybe I wouldn't have a turbo now. Silver lining and all that.

And much the same here david1972, my wife keeps asking to 'borrow' the car. Think she wants to keep it lol.

• Like 1

I had over 20 cars in 10 years, not one longer than 6 months lol. First one to stay just over a year was my last one, BMW 328Ci. Really liked it. Now my current blob wagon just reached a year and a half in my ownership and it is not going anywhere anytime soon :)