Anyone got.. 19" rims on an Impreza

Rps

Im not sure what thats achieving?

Ive read that 19s arnet suitable and i couldnt care less what google brings up

Id rather ask members of the club im involved in for there experiences/opinions to help gain the info im after......

Think there was a thread discussing 19's on here somewhere but it may have gone - lost in the great data crash of 2012. I do recall it wasn't recommended but I I dont remember why.

What I would say is that if the et is the same as standard, the tyre width is the same as standard and the rolling radius is the same you wont be putting additional strain on bearings etc upsetting speedo calibration and such like.

You will however be running a tyre wall which is a lot smaller which will potentially give a lot harsher ride and could impact under hard cornering where the tyre moves laterally and you could end up with the wheel hitting the tarmac.

So dependant on what you use your motor for you could get away with the right 19's - more for show / looks etc not track days

after a bit more browsing an 18" option for you would give a 40 tyre wall, 19" 35 and 20" a 30 - the 19's and 20's dont give you much so if you are happy with the ride and are not going to push the cornering you should be fine

Chill out, thought google may have brought you the answers you where looking for!!

I know it's not the same but when I had the GT4, going any bigger than 18" just killed the handling, 17" where perfect, 18"s bearable, 19" looked great but ruined the chuck-ability of the car

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, RpsChesterfield said:

19" wheels on there blob?

don't do it mate,i had 19s on my first blob wrx it looks like a super truck and rubber like crap when you went anywere near full lock,and if you plan on having anyone who weighs more then a stone in back they rub crap out archs as well,18s are best mate,heres picture off my wrx that had 19s on :huh: the picture don't give them justice to how big they look when you see it.that is also on standard suspension so don't expect to lower your car with 19s on :biggrin:

first wrx.jpg

33 minutes ago, aucky said:

don't do it mate,i had 19s on my first blob wrx it looks like a super truck and rubber like crap when you went anywere near full lock,and if you plan on having anyone who weighs more then a stone in back they rub crap out archs as well,18s are best mate,heres picture off my wrx that had 19s on :huh: the picture don't give them justice to how big they look when you see it.that is also on standard suspension so don't expect to lower your car with 19s on :biggrin:

first wrx.jpg

Well im goin back to clinic for coilovers in the upcoming weeks so il rule out 19s on that basis 

Cheers for replys guys