Mudflaps

20 hours ago, wrxstandard said:

Anyone used Rally FlapZ?

█ W █ R █ X █

i have rallyflapsz on my hatch,better then rally armour as they are longer so can place them high up wheel arch to protect side car,i had rally armour on my other hatch and they was useless at stopping crap from front wheels hitting side car.

1_(2).jpg

• Like 1

Well just tried to fit mine... it would seem I would need to do some drilling as there is no existing hole for the bottom part of the mudflap to be installed onto?!? Same story for the front as well...

Edit: Just checked the scoobyworld page, they say that there is no need to drill holes... No clue where to screw in the bottom section then

IMG_20170308_110936.jpg

IMG_20170308_112458.jpg

1 hour ago, Sandals said:

Well just tried to fit mine... it would seem I would need to do some drilling as there is no existing hole for the bottom part of the mudflap to be installed onto?!? Same story for the front as well...

Edit: Just checked the scoobyworld page, they say that there is no need to drill holes... No clue where to screw in the bottom section then

IMG_20170308_110936.jpg

IMG_20170308_112458.jpg

are you putting the front on the back and the back on the front :unsure:

43 minutes ago, aucky said:

are you putting the front on the back and the back on the front :unsure:

According to the instructions... nope, but now you've made me think it would fit the wrong way around.

Edit: Just checked, even looking at swapping them round... it's a no go.

Well here's the response from Scooby World:

Hi,

There is no mount for the hole in the bottom of the mudflap.

Instead we provide a self tapping screw to fasten it to the plastic of the wheel arch.

If you refer to the instructions that may explain it better than myself.

You should be able to screw it in by hand with a screwdriver, a drill isn’t needed.

a drill isn't needed coz apparently you need to screw straight into the plastic of the bumper... here are the in depth instructions

IMG_20170308_164030.jpg

Do you have to do any drilling or any !Removed! into plastic with the rally flaps?

Yeh I think I'll just keep them and screw them into the plastic... I have no intention on taking them off again and can't be bothered with the hassle of sending them back. Just a bit disappointed that the advert states that no drilling is required. Made me think that it uses existing holes.

Also lol at the swear filter removing the word scre wing XD

Well here's the response from Scooby World:

Hi,

There is no mount for the hole in the bottom of the mudflap.

Instead we provide a self tapping screw to fasten it to the plastic of the wheel arch.

If you refer to the instructions that may explain it better than myself.

You should be able to screw it in by hand with a screwdriver, a drill isn’t needed.

a drill isn't needed coz apparently you need to screw straight into the plastic of the bumper... here are the in depth instructions

IMG_20170308_164030.jpg

Do you have to do any drilling or any !Removed! into plastic with the rally flaps?

I got the universal fit rallyflapz so they come with no holes in them.i just drilled holes in to mach the plastic plug holes on bumper and got some proper nuts and bolts to hold them on instead plastic things they came with.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

I drilled small pilot holes for mine, then used the self tappers that came with them. Bit fiddly at first but look the business and took little time after the first one [emoji106]

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, david1972 said:

I drilled small pilot holes for mine, then used the self tappers that came with them. Bit fiddly at first but look the business and took little time after the first one emoji106.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeh, they were advertised as no need to drill holes or take the wheels off! Well... didn't have to drill holes but there was no danger of being able to screw straight into the plastic with the wheel in the way!

I'm glad it's over....

• Like 1