Code readers

Junior-magician

Hi guys, 

I'm into my first week and loving my blobeye WRX so far. Just wondering which is the preferred code reader for these? I've got an old vagcom from my VW days but I've no idea what works best for Subaru.

Also, I've seen a touchscreen to replace the Stereo which took a feed from a Bluetooth plug on the obd so things like oil, boost, coolant etc could be shown. I'm not sure it was on an Impreza though. Have any of you guys heard of this and know where to look?

Thanks.

If you've the vagcom cable all you need is free ssm2 available off the web, that will give you access to loads of stuff but obviously need the laptop in the car, quite a few member use the torque app and a cheap reader off the bay

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Well I'm no longer just looking for a code reader, I need one lol. Eml came on tonight.

Can anyone add further advice on these points?

On 18/03/2017 at 2:37 PM, stants said:

If you've the vagcom cable all you need is free ssm2 available off the web, that will give you access to loads of stuff but obviously need the laptop in the car, quite a few member use the torque app and a cheap reader off the bay

Ive tried looking for free SSM2 but every link I try is a dead end. Any suggestions where I can find a copy?

On 18/03/2017 at 9:27 PM, stants said:

Oh You'll need one that ISN'T elm32 protocol as won't work

Would ELM327 work? I've seen a few of these on eBay but don't want to pick up the wrong one.

Again, thanks for the help guys.