STI 2015

Hi my STI is coming to the end of its warranty so was phoning around some tuners to see if i could get some extra power and torque only looking for around 340 bhp some seem happy to help but others have said leave alone as the engine isn't up to it unless I change the internals I'm a bit confused advice would be appreciated

Cheers

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
Dont know much about them other than clinics had a couple of their cars in to finish them off :S

[/. Do you know what they had to finish of as such as I've had a quote from them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dont know much about them other than clinics had a couple of their cars in to finish them off :S

Do you know what they had as such to finish off as I've had a quote off them?

• 3 weeks later...

I spoke to Scoobyclinic last week, it's about £3229 for the full exhaust, remap and induction (Package 2) ...........maybe 340HP............. it takes one day to do and is a really good performance increase, esp below 4k rpm.

but above 400HP as his website sais, you have to be careful and he recommended a fully forged ``Closed Deck`` engine, basically; you can take stuff from Package 3 above as well, just as long as you keep its HP below 400HP....................... but the good news is there's no need to improve brakes and suspension.

i spoke to him for ages, he's very easy to talk to.

Over 3k your getting seen off mate that's outrageous [emoji85] that's really bad wish I could charge over a thousand pounds for fitting and exhaust and induction kit haha totally ridiculous

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, kershaw-330s said:

Over 3k your getting seen off mate that's outrageous emoji85.png that's really bad wish I could charge over a thousand pounds for fitting and exhaust and induction kit haha totally ridiculous

Go have a nosey about chap, prices on the new ones are considerably higher than previous generations no mater where you go. I was pretty shocked when i saw the prices myself when compared to other models.

Buy the parts yourself then go get a map £300 for intake £1000 ish for a full turbo back £600 ish for an ecutek map it's a no brainer , how they can justify that is just mental , they're not even offering a ecutek map that's just an open source so you dont even need to buy the license I would steer clear

a turbo back for £600?, i couldn't find any reputable cat back ones for that sort of money let alone turbo back. where you looking? not an eBay special is it?

Map software you choose it up to you, but i wouldn't use open source. You get no tech back up at all if there's an issue, my old hawk kept firing up a phantom fault code, had to go back to ecutek to change some code to sort it that's now included in the standard software, with open source you;d be stuffed.

7 hours ago, kershaw-330s said:

Over 3k your getting seen off mate that's outrageous emoji85.png that's really bad wish I could charge over a thousand pounds for fitting and exhaust and induction kit haha totally ridiculous

yea, i tried to ask ``do i really need that full exhaust?``  ............. ``no you dont, but it really needs it to sound like an STI should``..........i didn't reply !

my guess it depends if you think it sounds ok without it, the answer is probably yes because it sounded ok last summer.............but i dont know if it robs the engine of that 350HP, maybe it restricts it; only an expert can answer this??????????

maybe it just needs the remap and induction kit, because it's already a damned fast car isn't it.

Well I'm running 390 hp with the standard cat back just down pipe , stock air box with a cosworth filter , plus stock intercooler at time of tune , don't let clinic con you into buying things you don't need

• Like 1

I will just step in here to put a leveller in this thread, Tidgy is very pro clinic, he has had a lot of good work done there and knows the guys well, kershaw 330 is pretty much anti clinic and likes to jump on them whenever he can, as far as I know has had no dealings with clinic himself (I wait to be put right if he has) I'm not saying who's right or wrong, just informing you of the two sides

2 hours ago, Piggysniffer said:

I will just step in here to put a leveller in this thread, Tidgy is very pro clinic, he has had a lot of good work done there and knows the guys well, kershaw 330 is pretty much anti clinic and likes to jump on them whenever he can, as far as I know has had no dealings with clinic himself (I wait to be put right if he has) I'm not saying who's right or wrong, just informing you of the two sides

Tis a fair point . But the prices I mentioned were more general where ever you go.